New seed germination technique

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Photosythetic, Jul 23, 2006.

1. hey, i originally posted this in "advanced growing techniques" a while ago but i just decided that, since it worked for people and so many people liked it, and because more people look at "indoor growing" than advanced growing, i would re-post it here to share with more poeple.

I tried this 3 times and all of the times the germination rate was higher than that of soaking seeds or putting them between paper towels. what you do is you go about the soaking germination method as u usually would, putting seeds in water until they pop (not too hard). if you want to improve the germination percentage you need to invest a LITTLE money. go to a pet store and get a bubbler (not a pipe). it's a little machine that pumps air into an aquarium so the fish dont run out of oxygen. some have a rock looking thing at the end of the hose so it blends in with the tank scenery but a lot of them are just little hoses. now plant roots LOVE oxygen so if you keep the bubbler running in the water that you are germinating the seeds in it will encourage he seeds to pop because of the large amount of oxygen. when they do sprout the roots will QUICKLY get extra long for a germinated seed (about 1 inch) because the growth was sped up by the oxygen. this is also the reason that you should use loose soil for growing cannabis. i have never heard of anyone doing this before but once again, it works. i just wanted to post it up so others could use it.:D

2. i've got one of those bubblers, and i'll try this for my next batch. thanks!

3. was there a difference in the growth of the plant? or did the O just speed up growing process a day or 2

4. no there was a higher germination rate and it was much quicker but thats it.:smoking: