new room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by common_wealth, Mar 8, 2010.

1. well i decided to down grade from my 2x400w and tent. i decided to go with a closest. i have a 4" vortex fan behind my dryer sucking in cool fresh air from under the house. i have another 4" in the attic exhausting my air out. i have a dimmer switch on the way so i can dimm the intake and get better suction. i have an 400 watter that is keeping my room to hot so i plan to down grade to a 250. this pics have my last two plants from my last grow in it. they r bout to come down. next generation is aeroponics dwc scrog!! qustions and comments welcome.

Attached Files:

2. How big is that closet? I'm a noob but from what I've seen and read it looks like a good set up. You say its hot? Maybe bump the size of the fans up. Maybe use a 6" to pull the air out quicker. Also how many plants will your new set up grow? I like the scrog method. I'd like to try it, but sam on my first grow and going with the LST method. I'll be watchin. :)

3. you could always invest about 60 bucks into your hood and make it a cool tube. just buy a piano henge and some screws. call a local glass place and get a piece of plexiglass cut the size of your hood. install the plexiglass onto the hood. then cut a hole in the hood the same size as the intake on your fan. then duct it to it and cut another hole on the opposite end of the hood for make up air. don't try to over come the heat, Just move it away from the plants before it gets a chance to heat things up. I have 700watts of cfls in a hood i built in a 2x4x8 closet and i never have heat issues. the hood is the only thing that gets hot.

4. Not to double post. but i took a better look at your hood. it looks like it IS a cool tube already, if so why havent you hooked that joker up? lol

5. ordered new hood today. it has glass and is vented so hopefully that takes care of my problem

6. It will. I run 2x 400's in a 4x8x3 slanted to 6h closet,....no problems.

LOTS of fans and air circulation in a closed closet can be a huge benefit. I run a 400cfm can to vent the hoods, 2 tower fans turned horizontal blowing across the tops of each screen and an intake fan pulling air into the middle of the plants on each side. (The closet has a screen on each side, 4 plants/screen.)

It's like being in a cyclone in there but they LOVE all the air.