New room new grow 1000+600w HPS

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by haroo, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Taking over where my last grow left off. I have constructed a simple 4x8x7 flower room. The 4x4 tent is now the veg / clone room.

The new flower room features a new 1000w digital ballast dimable to 600 750 1000 and super lumens. As well as my 600w magnetic ballast that is getting replaced. The 1000w is in a silver star air cooled hood with the glass removed as I am not air cooling at the moment. The 600 is in a cheap amazon reflector. After running the new ballast at 600w on my 600w bulb I have found out that my core and col ballast isn't putting out. It will be replaced with a ballast identical to the other soon.

I currently have 7 crop king seeds green crack clones on day two of flower under the 1000w. The 600 is off as I plan to stager my harvests. I have the same clothes begging in the tent to go in the other half of the room. If the 7 I have don't over grow the room first.

Few pics more to come

Haroo

Attached Files:

2. 1 ton AC

3. Looking good

4. As of tonight we have 7 green crack clones in week 3, 1 green crack clone at week 2 as well as the seed i found in my last harvest. I'm starting to wonder about it having gigantism as it was pre-flowering pretty hard at week 2 of veg and was triggered at 3' tall at week 4 from germination. It is a female and is a bit stretchy but the branches are quite robusque and appear as if they will be able to support some heavy buds with the right staking and lollypoping (that will be tonight and will have pics to come)

start of week 2 / 1 I fed the 9 plants 8 gal of the entire green planet 2 part line up at recommended strength. All plants are praying to the Light. Purple stems on leaves are minimal to non existent and they all seem to be very content. 8 gal watering was today.

watering has been 6.6 PH and feedings have been the same.

5. I have rigged up an irrigation system to cut down on having to get into the room as often and to reduce having to remove plants. My grow space is cramped as the 7 plants outgrew their half of the room quite quickly and are now taking up the entire room with the two other plants mentioned above. The plan was to harvest half the room every month (ish I have taken this strain anywhere from 8-10 weeks) But currently the plan is to do single harvests while slowly incorporating a plant rotation.

ALL parts for the irrigation system were purchased at my local dollarama. for $3 you get a good amount of spaghetti line T's joiners line steaks and emitters as well all hardware needed to hook it into a garden hose fitting.

I have a 12 volt flo-jet spray pump, a deep cycle battery on a trickle charger to take care of moving nutes / water rigged into it. each plant has a line WITHOUT AN EMITTER. Some of the dollar store emitters supplied back pressure to the system others didnt. This would be good to ensure a constant flow to each plant given a constant pressure. But they were inconstant so they all have an open line off of a steak.

Because of this getting even flow to each plant on a single line was impossible. I figured out while doing volume tests that 4 open emitters on the pump at any given time put out a relatively even flow. That said the room has 2 feeder lines with four plants per line and one gets can watered / fed.

All in all i do believe that this is an awesome investment for $3 and i will buy 10 more to have around before the end of the season.

6. VEG room currently has five green crack clones in veg in 2-3 gallon pots as well as three rooted green crack clones in small pots. Bringing my plant total to 17 currently. I can have 20, there were 6 clones but i culled two and one didnt make it. I have yet to re-clone because i need to get some different genetics in my life(making room for some seeds soon to be gifted to me). Green crack is a great day time smoke though a bit foggy at times (only when i drop below saturation). Despite the fact that concentrates and edibles made from it will put you to sleep, I require a heavy hitting Indica that will do the trick a lot faster when smoked / vaped.

I am going to take a gamble on this with my buddies seeds as there is two different verities of bag seed and one strain he got online. The online strain is still unknown as he has yet to receive his grow permit therefor making communication difficult. I will try to call him tonight to get it out of him lol

7. Having to flower in the entire room so early has caused some issues to the grow in a whole. The garage currently has the complete use of two 15 amp circuits @ 1800w each.

one is dedicated to the one ton AC for the flower room as it requites 1800w on its own.

I am left with 1800w for everything else. This includes
    1 x 600w HPS
    1 x 1000w HPS
    1 x 400w HM
    1 6000 BTU AC 515w
    1 x small deep freeze (barely runs compressor)

So i obviously cant run all of that on 1800w so this is what i have had to do until i can tie into the circuit on the other side of the wall common to the house.

deep freeze - on
    600w HPS on
    1000w HPS on but dimmed to 600w
    400w MH on 18/6
    6000 btu AC on but on high fan only.

I keep the door flap 1/4 - 1/2 way open to release heat into the garage that is thermostatically vented to the outdoors. So in a nut shell i have had to stop using AC in veg and had to turn the 1000w to the lowest setting.

Soon I shall an additional 15 amps and will do the following.

new circuit
    1000w HPS on super lumens (more than 1000w)
    600w HPS

Current circuit
    400w MH
    6000 BTU AC 500w

Deep freeze is going downstairs.

8. Flower PICS.
    Right corner closest to the door is the the Gigantor seed plant that put everything to shame.

Attached Files:

9. Pump res and irrigation pics. I also included a pic of the 4" vortex fan and 4" can-filter im using to scrub and circulate the room. I can't help but shake my head when i see a picture or watch a youtube video where they're scrubbing the room the same way but fail to direct the air flow at all. We're moving a shit ton of air while we scrub the room. Why not use that air flow to cut down on wall mounted fans and such.

Yes there is a little promix at the bottom of my res, I had an accident this evening while moving a small pot of it. Res is a cooler. I put 8 gallons in it. im sure it would hold another 4 comfortably but don't Think i will ever need more than 8 for this room.

Attached Files:

10. Few more fun pics.
    Couple 400w high bays. A guy in Red Deer had 9 of them on kijiji for $40 / each. I offered $20 for one. He said ok. I was busy so i sent my wife and a friend to his place to pick it up in my truck. Turns out he's rich and and upgraded the lighting in his shop. He was tired of looking at them and responding to emails that result in a no show. I sent my wife with $40 to get two if he still had another one. He took $20 and happily loaded all 9 into the truck.

You will notice that the veg room hood consists of a high bay reflector and the reflective plate that screws to the housing and incorporates the mogul socket. In addition to added cable, a suspension system (CAT5 lol its what i had a lot of at the time) and a couple maretts. An actual reflector or at least a J-box will come soon. This is wired into the ballast housing outside of the room. If i decide to use a few of these down the road i will wire S plugs into them to accommodate standard reflectors. I have three of these to sell / give away to anyone in Canada willing to EMT me some cash for at least the shipping BTW.

I run a 400w vivosun MH bulb in these and they work awesome. I have tried all kind of expensive bulbs over the years and find that this brand produces the same results as equivilant high end grow bulbs. The 1000w HPS seems to out do the EYE when it comes to blue spectrum. I can really notice that i get a much whiter spectrum than most HPS bulbs. I dont have a factory compairson sheet in front of me right now but i would say its putting off a hight PAR than the EYE.

Attached Files:

11. Missed these on the last post... lol

Excuse any visible mess in the pics. I'm a busy man and the garage needs a cleaning. That's actually whats stopping me from starting to film both a YouTube series and ground up growing video/DVD/Medical cannabis Documentary. Well time and the current state of the garage. I also need some simple filming supplies like a couple wireless mic's (Though pinning the mic from a set of phone enabled headphones to your collar works well.) Tripods, a couple 1080p IP or usb cameras for other angles and time lapse and finally a set of those professional lenses that attach to a smart phone.

Attached Files:

12. BOY you have a lot growing there:Love-Plant:

Wish you continued success :smoking-bong: