New rig - wasting oil?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by jdabs, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Just started dabbing a week ago and bought a nice rig with an inline perc, using a Ti and Quartz nail, Creme brûlée torch from BBB, and amber glass and wax I bought from the club.

After I dab, I feel like I get full hits, but there is a good amount of residue in my water that clumps together and fills up pretty fast. I thought at first it was normal, but seems to be a lot of wax build up that is still smokable. I have looked everywhere and can't find an answer - is it a normal amount, or am I being cheated out of my dabs?

The only thing I could think of is that the wax is jumping off the nail, so the quartz one has a big hole to put it into so I can't imagine it's jumping off that much.

Pics later if needed!

Thanks all

2. It's reclaim. Happens to everyone. There are methods you can use to get it out, but it's disgusting to reuse it by dabbing. I personally will save it up and cook with it.

3. Cooking with it's great, you could keep your piece clean and then only smoke concentrates out of it, and let it build up.

4. People have THAT much reclaim in their pieces? I guess it's normal because it's a pretty small bubbler and I've smoked a gram and a half of wax and have barely cleaned it

5. [quote name='"jdabs"']People have THAT much reclaim in their pieces? I guess it's normal because it's a pretty small bubbler and I've smoked a gram and a half of wax and have barely cleaned it[/quote]

My dealer prolly has a few grams of reclaim in his piece. It's so covered you can't even see through it. Some people are too lazy to clean their pieces lol

6. I get that, too! Looks like wax just floating in your water.

I was changing my water the other day and the entire downstem was sticky and rinsing it off did not work. Is this normal?

7. [quote name='"camram"']I get that, too! Looks like wax just floating in your water.

I was changing my water the other day and the entire downstem was sticky and rinsing it off did not work. Is this normal?[/quote]

You have to use iso alcohol to clean it.

8. You can make golden dragon with a clean oil piece that gets caked in oil by pouring some everclear in there, shaking it up and then heating it and letting it sit out for weeks to mature.