new Reckless bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by kazanokizu, Sep 1, 2010.

1. #1 kazanokizu, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    I got this one offline. Did some research and couldnt find much of anything about this company other than they were legit and buying it offline wasnt a scam.

My camera broke so i took the pictures from the listing of the bong on the website. So i am wondering what the blades think of this bong in terms of quality. It is 7mm glass with a 18 to 14 slit diffused downstem with 6 slits. It also has a 10 arm tree perc with 3 slits per arm, as well as a splashguard and ice notches. I dont know the bore of the tube tho sadly but o well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also got this ashcathcer to go along with it since the last thing i want is a dirty tree perc. I am a neat freak with my pieces fyi. It is a no name a/c but i like the style and (also because im a neat freak) it comes apart for easy cleaning. Also if i ever feel i need to I can get a sherlock handle ( aka J-hook?) and use it as a bubbler since the a/c stands on its base.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will not be getting the bowl seen in that one picture.

2. #2 Deleted member 320471, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2020
    x

3. any names yet? thats the best part

4. nope none. I dont name my pieces. I dont know why i just dont.

5. so going by the lack of replies and number of views the consensus is knockoff, maybe?

6. Who cares if it's a knockoff, that is one sicknasty bong dude.

7. looks good. how is the drag?

8. solid piece man. enjoy toke happy!

9. thats what im saying idc if its a knockoff it looks sick the best part is the like melted drips at the top near the mouth

10. Its looks nice, as asked how is the drag?

And how much dough did it cost?

11. where did you get that?

12. #12 kazanokizu, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    sorry long day. I have not received it yet ( i didnt put apt B on the shipping address) and i did not want to say the price as to not influence the comments on it. I also dont care if it is a knockoff I just wanted to see if what i thought was a quality looking piece ( albeit no toro, etc. but still looks solid) was also what other blades thought.

On a side note I own a 12 inch mini thats 7mm glass and has a fathead logo with letters on it. the letters seem to match up to inline a/c's online but the logo doesn't (tho it is close).Idk if those sandblasted logos (or that's what they look like) change slightly with each tube or something to do with light/angles. I wonder if anyone knows if it could possibly be a real McCoy. will post pics of both once the new one arives. It will be a bong party also known as business as usual.[​IMG]

Unfortunately I dont think i can say explicitly what site i got it from and then I would basically be advertising competitors. pm me and ill give you the site name.

13. well just got it in and cleaned. idk if u have to before use but better safe than sorry. this thing is a 50mm tube. the perc is obviously a little bigger than he tube so it has an even bigger perc! Maybe it is just me but in those pictures the tube looks alot smaller but this thing is huge. Keep in mind that im used to using a 12" 5mm mini with a 45mm bore.

will get pics up later when roomate comes back with his camera.

14. #14 kazanokizu, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
    in retrospect the first bowl i packed was monsterous. I guess since it was my first time hitting a high quality bong i shouldnt have packed such a big one. This thing is a beast! There is a bit of drag but nothing a non-noob smoker couldnt handle easily. will get a milkvid up soon. Also didnt i mention the height at some point? its 17" from the bottom of the foot to the top of the tube. the site said it was 18" but o well. the the only bad thing out of this sale for now.

15. No offense but that a/c looks like shit. The trees and slits don't even sit evenly... I say just get another one, there is nothing you can do (that I know of) to make it fit since you say it's too small and is not 14.4mm. Buy quality this time :p Or at least get one better than that :p

16. I've smoked alot of bonds so this is prob a stupid question. What is a/c and slits and percolator? The ones I've used has a bowl, stem, water chamber or two and a carb?!?!

17. Sick!!!!!!!!!!

18. well I dont know if you saw my other thread but this a/c was basically made to be a bubbler as seen in this picture.
    [​IMG]

So then it should become obvious why the slits and tube lengths dont match. Even tho its too small it still works just fine. there is almost no drag on my now complete setup (At least for me, idk about anyone else since I have been to busy to have a session with my friends) so the quality of the a/c I bought isnt hindering me enough to get a higher quailty one. Also I was more or less forced (couldnt think of anything else) to put duct tape around the glass male joint of the a/c to make a better seal. Too bad I basically made it a grommet seal for the mean time.

19. yo that bong is sick, i just picked up one from probably the same site as you, mine is a little bigger and has a green label. absolutely a BEAST, and i asked the seller a shit load of questions and its not a knock off, its a Very new company that is trying to make its way into the mid to high range of bongs. In my opinion it hits better than my toro that i paid 750 for ). i guess i got a deal. its really heavy lol, i can hit someone in the head with the top mouth and i think it will knock em out cold. enjoy yours man, and yea that ash catcher is a little shaky, ask the person you bought yours off to see if he has any nicer ones, i asked him about a nicer ash catcher and he said he will be getting pure glass and sheldon black soon so im kinda waiting to get my high quality one. peaceeee......) ) )

20. If you have a problem with the seal or you are worried it will get stuck, trying putting a little chapstick around the joint as a lubricant, it works great!