New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixtures

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tbone Shuffle, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Thanks.

No, i know you were joking.

i just needed to get that out....

• Like Like x 1
  2. They probably already have the ideas and maybe even prototype. It’s be less profitable for them to come out with it before coming out with lesser versions first

3. #163 Or_Gro, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Bottomline for me is that if i want it, i’ve got to build it. I don’t give a shit what their excuse is. Hlg makes the QB35, described above, there’s no reason they couldn’t have added in the 730nm diodes in the QB96! WTF?!

And, btw, this is cutting edge stuff, no one knows what the optimal mixes are....for cannabis veg or flower...not lighting engineers, not plant scientists....

4. Imo the optimal mix would be to match the sun exaxtly example. If sub gives off 30% blue 30% red 25% yellows and green 15% uva-b. Idr the real numbers of each spectrum the sun gives off but u get what I mean. However many watts or w.e make the % of each spec out of to be as close to sun as possible. I’m not saying the same intensity just % of each spectrum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Someone had mentioned a company will make the qb for u however u want if u order 50 or more. If u got the cash and done it i bet u could sell most on here... id buy one

• Like Like x 1
  6. The optimal for cannabis is to put together the parts of the spectrum that optimize cannabis growth, structure, and development. All the other parts of solar radiation are a waste for this purpose.

7. I don’t want to start a business, i want to improve how we grow a weed.

If others find what i’m doing to be useful, they will be able to mimic my approach, and improve upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It wouldn’t be so much starting a business. Just buying in bulk to get it cheaper and unloading a few to pay for it... u could even sell them at cost. Then it’d just be like u helping ppl out

9. Personally I don’t think any part of the suns rays (that make it thru the atmosphere) are a waste to any plant. I’d stay they may even need a lil more but are use to the pollution build up blocking more and more of it over they years and they adjust.

• Like Like x 1
  10. The sun is here to sustain life. If humans all died tomorrow and the atmosphere cleaned its self I bet outdoor plants would be 2-3x bigger

• Like Like x 1
  11. Really? Somewhat informed marketing bs, not a single reference to a statistically valid cannabis study...unlike with other commercial crops, the whole cannabis research effort is just getting started...

Believe what you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The government has been trying to grow with leds since the 80s. Def not a new thing ppl are just now trying to figure out. And what I read there is VERY similar to other places I’ve read about it b4 I brought my hans panels. I wanted to buy my own leds and build one with the specs I want. Found many sights with info on what specs do what for plant. And any led sight is gonna look like marketing bs lol. It’s when u read the info if it sound legit and u can find same info in other places. Which I’m sure will have about the same info on different spectrums

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I could care less about it. I just know what I’ve read over the years. And that the government as long been working on growing with leds and I’m sure they are faaar beyond what is out on the public market for us to buy

14. Ask Tbone why he can’t sell his California light works?

15. I got that glorious email too!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Also there are already lights out there for just growing that utilize the correct specs. that’s why now we have 2700k-6500k leds depending on what phase of growth ur in and how u want plant to grow and hps/mh. I’d say it’s more about picking the spec u want 2700-6500 then it is u making a light that just uses specs for marijuana growth.

17. Probably bc they cost two arms. A leg, and a genital. he wants more then the average person would pay for a used and or new led lol