New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixtures

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Tbone Shuffle, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Thanks man! I love growin the wacky weed.

2. Im starting to feel the same way real shit!!

3. I just emailed them again. Everyone should, let’s bombard them so they ship these boards out to shut us up!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cant ship them if their not quite all ready yet.. when they opened up again.. i can just imagine how many other growers that arent on GC are on top of them also.. lets say they made 2000 & said we good lets release.. im sure them shit started going like water as soon as the site posted them for sale.. they probably ran out already by the time ur orders got looked at in line of orders but they charged u im sure you guys shit is on the way any day now

5. The thing that pisses me off is them telling hunter that they planned to ship yesterday, and not following up with him.

No need to be specific on ship date, if there is a chance you won’t make it; and if you don’t ship on time, you need to notify.

I have my issues with hlg, but always thought they had good service.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I ordered while they were in stock weeks ago. They were waiting on thermal pads which they received 2 or 3 days later. Tbone and I started this conversation and were probably two of the first orders confirmed. Their email to me said they were preparing my order and shipping it shortly then zero communication. Just seems like there should be more organization and communication.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Man, i get the feeling that they are mostly an engineering company, without much emphasis on real consumer marketing or service.

They could be a lot more, especially with cannabis legalization trend; they probably need some executive help from a good tech company...

8. I’m thinking of stealing their business. I enjoy building these boards and they’re readily available. Some good marketing, CUSTOMER SERVICE and it’s mine. Trademarking might be an issue

9. #149 Or_Gro, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Well, i think they’re pretty vulnerable on the fixture side; as far as the boards themselves, would take some big capital and engineering resources, like samsung, lg, phillips, etc. have...

They could really be something with some good marketing, fixture prod devel & mfg, and retail service execs.

Looks like they’re happy supplying diy sub-market, and always being out-of-stock on their hot offerings...

10. You know!! A fricken gold mine of a business and they won’t develop it.

I just got a return email saying “we plan on shipping tomorrow. Sorry for the delay”

• Like Like x 1
  11. I hate when companies tell you they have a plan! It’s either will or won’t

Reminds me of:
    915B24D6-F4EE-4CA3-899A-8D5D499EC0BB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. #152 Or_Gro, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Spectrums:

8 x QB288 V2 (3000k) + 4 x QB35 V2
    87AE4EAF-9E5B-433D-A4CC-97731890C0F5.jpeg
    Note: supplemental reds per single QB35: 8x630nm + 6x660nm + 4x730nm (emerson effect)

HLG QB550 v2 (3000k)
    E4A3019B-AE6C-4D1D-827B-1DA23761F4BD.jpeg

HLG QB96
    A7D2BF2A-688C-413E-A34D-7A8BC4FF722F.jpeg
    Note: supplemental reds per single QB96:
    16x630nm + 16x660nm

QB96 + Far Red
    [Spectrum to go here]
    Will be testing QB96 running 12 hrs lightson during flowering, with far red running 12hrs lights on:15 mins lightsoff (both emerson and initiator effects)

13. That hlg-65 is so perfect for flowering with the extra red in its spectrum

550 ehh

288 but the 65 has a so much better spectrum for flowers & buds.. i want 1.. or 2.. yea i think 2 lol

14. On the subject of companies not following thru. I pre ordered a text blade by waytools almost 2 years ago. Was suppose to have with 4 months of order.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You and me both. I’m pretty sure his real name is Dr_Gro. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Not...

PAR intensity has been conquered, we currently have max required intensity that can be spread evenly across any footprint. Future improvements will be re: increasing efficiency.

The next frontier in grow lighting is tunable spectrum, to make changes in plant structure and development stage.

I am ahead of the fixture makers in putting this stuff together. I want the tools to do what they aren’t. This is a key tool.

Hopefully it will help you guys, too.

• Like Like x 1
  17. You’ve helped me tons bud. I was just busting your balls.

• Funny Funny x 1