New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Dude those spreads are hell even!
    Whats next? 4 lights or 2 at 24"?
    Your measurements of 10" from the sides is this the ctr of QB96 or to the edge? i.e. 28 inches outside to outside?
    Your data is gonna be real helpful mate, kudos:thankyou:

• Like Like x 2
  3. #1283 Or_Gro, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Thx

Measure is from wall to closest edge of light.

So, for 48”: 10” from wall to edge of 5” light, on both sides, totals 30”. Therefore: 18” gap between lights. As the lights get closer to grid, the lights could spaced wider from each other (i’d start by moving lights toward tent wall by 2 1/2” on each side, making a 23” gap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #1284 Or_Gro, Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    TWO 96s will do ya if you have 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 3x3.

The lights are centered midway between door and back of tent w socket perpendicular to this; side of each light closest to wall is 10” from wall.

Buy a friggin light meter, even if only a lux meter (divide lumens by 67 to approximate ppfd), to optimize your lights in combo with theses maps.

Here are the best ht/watt combos to be near, for each size (door is at bottom of each grid):

9FD70BBB-345F-407C-AA92-C92F73A586F1.jpeg 223B8E6B-5013-4FE5-BA98-6C7031A85ED5.jpeg 5C15DF8B-236F-470B-957E-C61DB98691F8.jpeg ACEB9D6F-6B1A-42A8-A9ED-06E50C5CBB63.jpeg 18A01562-91E4-4BF9-AE15-9B45B1B673D5.jpeg

Note: the 340w info is just for grins, and may not be accurate, since the wattage is so far out of spec’d range of driver.

Next up, three 96s...probably too much for anything less than 4x4, unless you dim bigly....taking bets on which config, row vs triangle, will spread best....

Enjoy!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Where is center of each of 2 96 in 12” 240w
    I have one for now in 32x32. Assuming I can keep it at 12” at 240w. What do you calculate in that space. Or my 4x4 which I want to do anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  6. I vote that Or_Gro do an in depth analysis on this light! lol
    Jk; I never saw one before tonight and thought I'd share.
    upload_2018-11-3_5-5-23.png

I'm really wondering how these cobs would perform in commercial application. Say 10,000 sqft warehouse. Would you use them? (I mean the 96 elites).

• Like Like x 1
  7. #1288 Or_Gro, Nov 3, 2018
    Thx, i put info on where lights are located in the original post.

A single light @240w works best for a 2x2 between 12” to 18” for flower; between 18” to 24”.

But if you want larger footprint coverage, you really need 2 96s.

• Like Like x 2
  8. #1289 Or_Gro, Nov 3, 2018
    If you want to get rid of bugs, just use uva...per my bud@randomblame on riu, “And if its still of interest, yes UVA will destroy insects dna and they can see and avoid UVA. A spider mite would hastily leave your garden or hide somewhere .. Nemadotes are for example dead within a few minutes "UVA radiotherapy", the harder the chitin armor the longer they can withstand UVA but they alldon't like it and will leave your garden.”

This set of mapping may kill me or irreversibly twist my brain....not interested in doing this for more fun or for a living..,

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yes agree but I have one I’ll be using it over the Fast Buds Blue Dreamomatic NFTG grow off with
    @Papa Puff. We shall see

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  10. @Or_Gro my uv can be suspended anywhere in tent correct?

@ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, but distance affects dosage (too close=burn, too fa, so closer=not enuff)... right ht closer to center is best....

Right ht is a learn as you go thing, as well time on...err on the side of caution.

• Like Like x 2
  12. So,i gave you my best info, use your lux meter to tune....

• Like Like x 4
  13. I'm not really worried about bugs, just a preventative. You figure uva, imma addy those anyhow for trichome induction. Prob just use those plug-n-play diodes from rapidled.

Anyhow, the real question was...
    10,000 sqft warehouse, do you load them with 96 elites?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah uva usually comes with uvb tubes (?leds?), so if you get uvb you get a bogo...

I’ll leave spaces larger than 4x4 to experts...i’m a grower, not a lighting engineer, just doing this cuz hlg hasn’t...

Maybe @Tbone Shuffle has an opinion...

• Like Like x 3
  15. but I had such expectations from you!
    upload_2018-11-3_12-41-12.png
    ok we will wait for Tbone to suggest for 10K sqft operation ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Funny shit, that...

• Like Like x 1
  17. On this one: if you start taking lumen or Ppfd readings when you’re making decisions, you’ll end up calibrating yourself to ppfd.

This means you will think in terms of the most important (by way,way farlike) input to growing/flowering plants, in a way that is more repeatable by you/others, and that can be quantitatively compared, just like pH, EC, Temp, rh%, co2 ppm...

18. Im.sure i can find it somewhere in the thread . But do you have any lux meter that you could recommend. Or a cheaper (not 2k) ppfd meter!! And thanks alot for putting in the work man . Thanks to you now i know exactly where to put my lights when trying to cover a 2×4 using 2 lights at 180 watts.

19. Thanks man.

Ppfd meters aren’t cheap, a good one that most people agree on is this, you’ll see it in my pics:
    MQ-500: Full-Spectrum Quantum Meter

9A2DB23B-377B-4123-B37F-39483DBC99FD.jpeg

I’ll leave the lux meter recco to someone who has one they like.

• Like Like x 1