New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Running 6 on two 320h-54a's is probably the best setup for a 4x4 IMO. 4 is a little short on diodes compared to what I have been running with 4 304 boards.

• Like Like x 1
  2. W
    Well even better then, just need to plan the spread before I assemble then, once we get some results, I will post up on some thoughts for you chaps

3. I would stay about 8-12" from the outside of the tent. Basically a 3x3 outside diameter of the boards in a 4x4 or 4x4 od of fixture if you're going for a 5x5.

• Like Like x 2
  4. 28”x28” frame would be better in a 4x4. The spread seems to be about 24” on center between the two boards and 10-11” on center from walls/perimeter.

Soil2Coco’s Multi Strain Journal

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You mean you don’t want to run them each at 360 watts?

I cranked it past 360 and the driver started buzzing and thr light went disco on me, flashing so fast i thought i’d start convulsing...lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think if you want to actually spend some money on a perfect bloom setup in a 4x4 you can sit on to produce for a while 6 qb96 elites on two 320h-54a drivers dimmed would be the cat's meow. The exact same setup would probably fill a 5x5.

7. I think that’s what they were originally made for...

• Like Like x 1
  8. For 4x4 w 4 lights, my bet is 8-9” from 2 walls on corners, 22-24” from other lights on the other 2 sides.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 5 might work well, too..like on dice...we’ll see

• Like Like x 2
  10. Well I cut the frame 31" OD of lights to give 12" to wall (tent is 4ft 6") before I found out about testing... can always buy some more angle if necessary

• Like Like x 1
  11. If these things pan out im.going to buy 12 or 10 and fill my 4×8... throw 8 pucks in there and 2 4ft uv lights maybe a little co2.. i think that would be a great set up

• Like Like x 1
  12. #1252 Or_Gro, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018

Here is single 96 at 24”:

72A5E4FA-DB15-47DC-A76C-4AAA49BF10AD.jpeg

Because this height covers veg ppfd, anything higher (except for another inch or so for 360w)wont mean much, so i wont be doing a set of 36” ht tables.

On to mapping two 96s...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey @Ibn Vapin can you post a pic of your driver, the side with the words?

Wanna see if i can help you get right height/dimmer setting...

Do you have a multimeter?

14. Question, the pucks. Can they simply be hung at tent top. Do they need direct to plant or can they hang above other lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

15. The far red has to get to plants. If it will from there, should be good.

• Like Like x 1
  16. How do you remove the wire from the QB96 connector? push in the little thing on the top with a paperclip or just pull it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hold the socket, pray, pull the wire...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Try push and pull
    I wondered the same thing
    So I got a double terminal block 18ga and that connection with a short piece of solid wire then come off the block with stranded w/ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Like Like x 1
  19. Love s2c’s disconnect connector idea...plugnplay...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1