New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. The member you're replying to is not on here anymore. I just wanted to say that one light per plant is a good fit with these lights. I train all my tops to the outside of the plant and then with the light in the center you can push very hard getting the best pentration possible. It works. Good luck with your grow

Attached Files:

2. My first thought is that you are going to have some issues with the stretch when you transition to flower. The plants I grow will easily double in height and a lot of the strains I choose do even more. My current grow is with a plant that has a 3x-4× stretch. My advice is to get going on this one or consider an aggressive pruning to make this a manageable plant. Of course all depends on the strain which one is this? Totally different growth pattern than our autos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Intersecting the light? As in tilting the lights slightly? Nah, this is a ghostbusters situation: you dont wanna cross the beams. This will just create a hotspot with less light on the sides. Keep the lights level. Make sure the distance separating them is less than your hanging height for decent spread.

• Informative Informative x 1

4. Platinum OG. I’ve been in denial about the height issues. And yeah way different than autos! I took a photo of my auto I just harvested next to this plant and the difference is major. Photos are much more fun. A big part of the reason I’ve kept it in veg so long is because I know it will at least double in height.

Maybe I will get a tomato cage and tie them down that way. There’s still a few inches that are pliable. From now on I’m going to supercrop instead of doing lst. It’s so much quicker and easier. Plus I have a mostly even canopy. This is the first time I’ve done this. On a side note it just took me ten minutes to write this post after smoking three yr old GG grown under a blurple.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Okay guys, I want to tweak some stuff to get the most out of my setup. I've been using fixtures I made consisting of 2 qb96v2's and a mean well hlg320-54a driver each. I have one fixture a piece in my 2 3x3's and 2 fixtures in my 4x4. 7.5gal airpots, GH flora trio with liquid and powder koolbloom added for flower. I have good ventilation I believe, and I water till I get good runoff. I have been very happy with my harvests, but can't help but want more lol. I want to increase my spread by adding another one qb96v2 to each fixture, in parallel so the current is split evenly. I am definitely doing this to increase spread and penetration and to run the panels cooler, however....I have looked at all sorts of mapping and intensity guidelines and many many pages of posts, but I can never get my lights turned up as bright as people suggest. I end up with symptoms of light stress, foxtailing, fist like buds, neverending new white pistils...so I had been running them lower. Like flowering a 4x4 with approx 420-450w. I'm trying to push things this run. Nutrients, lights, etc to see if I'm missing out on any potential. Just curious if anyone else gets light stress symptoms with qb96v2s and also if it is worth throwing in a far red bar or not. I'm getting nice frosty dense buds, not super huge, but nice harvests still. But some of you guys grow big ol dong buds.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I’ve yet to grow these YouTube video arm size buds.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. It's possible but very strain dependent imo. Anything with cookies in it should do,lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Any signs of light stress for you guys?

9. I currently am running 52 of these lights across 3 flower rooms.... I have ran into light stress issues a few times but like mentioned above it seems to be strain dependent and how close they are to the lights..... i also seem to get it the worst in the hot spots directly under the light... we are currently reconfiguring our lighting set up as we speak because we noticed we were under lit in the corners and side of our screens. These lights lose PPFD really quickly in the areas that would be lit by the cross over spray of photons. they really aren't that great to cover square footage from side to side with IMO. I love these lights especially in my tents. however I run 6 lights in a 4x4 to get the PPFD I'm looking for.... so I guess what i'm trying to say is you'll have to supplement with more 96's or some other fixture to achieve what you're looking to do. hope this helped!

• Like Like x 1
  10. That's what I am about to do. Go from 4 in my 4x4 to 6 and I have two 3x3's with 2 96's each that will be going up to 3 each, for better coverage and spread. Do you think that will help?

11. sorry for the delayed reply but 100% it will help

12. How high do you have the lights to not get foxtailing but still get rock hard buds?

13. I’ve been mixing them with HPS, works really well. :thumbsup:

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. I've found with these lights anywhere between 12'"-16" or so is prime. I also think fox tails are way more of a genetic issue than a light distance issue. I'm not saying it doesn't happen just that I've ran my lights at like 10" with some strains and they did fine some strains would fox tail. its more about learning your plants then anything else IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. IMO, heat causes foxtailing as much as anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I didn't care as much about the foxtailing as other symptoms like when they grow a bunch of curly single leaves from buds, or keep producing constant white hairs when they should be ripening. Makes it hard to tell when they are prime. I think another thing was I was originally introducing them to brighter lights instantly by switching tents, now I am doing scrog and using the dimmers to gradually increase the light. So far so good. I had a great yield from the 4x4 with less wattage last time, so we'll see if a few weeks how this one compares. And my temps are all good with these light and my fans. Surprisingly low actually