New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Oct 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. When I get up and around, I'll make your life easier. Just give me a bit.!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lowes or Home depot. Sourced all parts there. You may have to dig for the things such as eye hangers. Or go to one if the others out of something.So for your size, I think you said 4 or 5ft tent. Just take of 16 inches off your overall size. Both ways and that will give you plenty of room to move it around as well as great coverage. Things to get 4' angle aluminum.( Self tapping screws) or (rivets) or (nuts/washer route). Pick one. I used self tappers. Now this is important. If you go tappers, get a 1/16 " drill bit. To pilot your holes so your not fighting yourself the whole time. Next you need to get something to hang it with. In this case 1/4 hooks with nuts. As well as some black spacers.the way you build your frame matters. So dont just go screwing shit togeather, if you overlap one end, do it that same way on the other side. All four corners the same. It will matter when you go to screw boards on, the housing for the electrical kind of sticks out. ! I used some red oak bc I had it laying around. And I didnt want to go back to lowes. Got more to say, but also have to get these girls to church 1553225017147.jpg 20190324_145623.jpg 20190324_145953.jpg 20190324_150637.jpg 20190324_151149.jpg 20190324_160629.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. There’s a portion of either this thread or the 96 info only no BS thread where OR_gro mapped out 96’s on different drivers. From (1) 96 all the way up to (8) 96’s and how to space them. It’ll take some digging but that info is somewhere on these forums.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. To big blue, thank you very much I am a carpenter for my profession so I understand what you mention by don't just go screwing stuff together, I did that a few times in my younger years. :) I had a general idea but your pictures helped me out for the rest of it.

5. Smoke break thank you for the link the you tube videos are not very descriptive

6. Yo just get me know if you get stuck somewhere. Just do me a favor and jump over on my thread if you do have issues anywhere. Matter of fact jump over there. I forgot your running 96 elites I have ten hooked up in pairs of two. I've got that mapped out nicely. I'll post those builds over on my thread.

.BIG BLUES QUANTUM REALM. perpetual growop.

7. Take all the guess work out for you. I have them built in same 1/4 " aluminum. Building them in pairs like that allow you to raise and lower, w/out moving let's say all four/five in one big fixture.( if and when necessary.) As far as not having a lux meter. Dude this games a marathon, not a sprint. Takes alot of time building the tool box up. For most people. ( unless you just got it like that ) good news, I got one and can help you with spacing and intensity, (given you also use hlg-320H-54a drivers hooked up in pairs) lol.You will end up wanting to run the drivers on the outside of your tent, I'm sure. 1554059466451.jpg

8. Here's one I just put together (still working on it) super simple I took 2 pieces of angle 2 pieces of small aluminum pipe and a flat piece of stock in the middle 2 5 1/2" bolts with wing nuts 20190331_153622.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Now that I am researching the Qb lighting I see everyone say wired in parallel. What does this mean and what other way is there to wire? I am going through the info in the thread just have not found it yet.

10. #2851 JoshuaE, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    They can be wired in series or parallel how you wire them depends on your driver selection the 320h 54A that everybody likes is wired parallel and that is simple 2 home runs driver to board and for the second board same thing. The 320h 54a has a wide range of adjustments.
    For series wiring you would get a constant current driver like a 320h c2800
    then they are wired together in a chain configuration.
    People go with the 320h 54a because of its wide range of adjustment .
    Series is simple also only one knob to dim the constant current drivers.
    Personal preference

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

11. Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Hey qb users, here's the deal I built a square that is 4 by 4.5 to put my 4 qb 96 on out of aluminum angle and now I am trying to figure out how to hang it. I have a crappy tent so i am trying to speed the weight of the frame out as much as possible. A couple things I have thought of are four hole one in each piece of angle directly in the middle to put one hanger to each so I can hook it up on the intersecting bars at the top. Or one hole at each end of angle onto 2 parallel pieces of angle and run one wire across, which would put them both on one of the cross bars at the to. Of course I am going to put adjustable ratchets to hang wire from in both scenarios. Any thoughts or the way you have yours hanging?

13. Take a look at what I did below. I would try all four corners. You might need to brace the frame if bends, but this all looks very light weight.

[​IMG]

14. I have a 5 by 5 tent with 2 bars that intersect in the middle

15. I know it’s a little late but I would suggest trying Mouser Electronics. That’s where I got mine and they were much cheaper than Arrow and HLG.

16. That’s a 3 x 2 pictured. I easily have an excess of 5 ft rope on the ratcheting hooks. Worked for my situation anyways. Good luck man

• Like Like x 1
  17. I think its time I got a 3D printer:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Badass, buy it.

Sent from my screen to yours!

19. That is cool!