New Quantum Board QB144 V2, Sabre 100 & QB 3 Far Red

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by 61falcon, Apr 2, 2019.

1. #1 61falcon, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    There’s a new small LM301B board on HLG website. Pack of 4 in 3000or 4000k which can be powered up to 75watts each board. Heatsink will be required. Here’s the link QB144 V2 Quantum Boards.
    Saber 100 Saber
    QB 3 Far RedQB 3 FAR RED
    Report that a new R Spec 288V2 (has reds) will be out within 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ordered a pair of QB3 that will go along with the 4 QB96's v2 and a QB144 kit for testing on my veg tent, let's see how they work!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Awesome! Was just about to order some far reds from rapid but then I saw this so ended up ordering two qb3 far red strips.
    I have a meanwell APC-25-500 and an APC-35-500 and Am wondering weather I can use either with these two strips in series? Will 500ma be enough to get initiator effect with two strips in a 3x4 or will I be better off going with 3 or 4 strips?

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, MY opinion, man.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oooo new lights

5. I am VERY interested in these new SABER Bars. They say 2 of them are ideal for a 2x4. I love the far red being added in. Does anybody have any info on these yet? I may have to bite the bullet and just go ahead and order 2....ugggghhhhhhh.....lol.

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

6. I know that Or_Gro is useing 1.75 diodes per sq ft.

7. Cool so for my 10.5sqf two strips should be good but I’m not sure weather driving them at 500ma (since I already have a 500ma driver) will be enough. @Tbone Shuffle?

8. I'm glad someone posted a thread. I've been talking to a guy about those new products. Of course they come out with far red boards for $9 after I buy my qb18. Oh well.

Yeah lots of new products.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Those qb144's look a lot like a low power version of the qb96 v2 elite boards. The price is right.

That single 4 board kit is roughly equal to a qb260. It's actually the exact same number of diodes. You do have to source four heatsinks as far as I can tell. Would be nice if they would sell those.

• Like Like x 3
  10. What do you think of those new SABER Bars? Im eyeing 2 of those for my 2x4. They said that 2 of them are ideal for that space. I'm not "loving" the way these 2 HLG 65's are flowering. They are 4000k which is part of it I believe. They just arent producing very dense buds. Maybe it also has to do with them being autoflower strains....meaning, maybe autoflowers arent usually as dense as photo-periods? Idk....just dont want to put the blame on the light as it is an AMAZING light otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 Steakbomb, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Fuck me! Those qb3 bars would be way better on my fixture than my pucks - way cheaper too...

If the R-spec 288s could be paired with the FRs for Emerson - I know exactly what my future 4x4 fixture is gonna look like

• Like Like x 1
  12. You really don't need to blast them with far red to get initiator effect. I'm getting 11ppfd of Far Red at initiator time at the most intense spot; a little less than 1ppfd at the edges. Been running 13:20 lights on, 0:10 far red, and 10:30 dark in bloom without any trouble - the plants are actually looking pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. How large of a space are you using the HLG 65's in? They're only about 60 watts output. For flower each board will only do 2 square feet. That means it takes a minimum of two to flower a 2x2 tiny area. If you're flowering larger then a 2x2 with the two boards simple lack of light power could be your problem. 4K would tend to produce smaller denser buds then a 3k board.

I have seen up to 4oz's from a single HLG 65 in a properly sized space with good plant genetics.

If you're using the two HLG65's in a 2x4 that's only enough power to veg that area.

Those saber's look great. My prediction is they would probably flower better then the standard 288's with the additional reds sort of like the qb96. There's a reason they added them. Those strips would probably give you better distribution then a qb260 which would also cover a 2x4.

Two qb96 v2 elite boards with heatsink would also cover that area for the same price approx. Those would actually give you the most power potential. You could run only two of them up to 500 watts pretty easily.

14. Little birdy told me over at Invisible Sun that Samsung has new diodes coming out this year that will outperform the 301b's by at least 5-8% in efficiency. Not really going to stop someone from putting together a new setup but if you're on the fence with upgrading there is new stuff coming that might be worth waiting for.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I dont think its enough power either. But, check out the buds I have going on a Forum Cut Cookies under a 19w LED and 4 CFL clamp lights. So I would think the QBs would at least produce similar results...but so far they havent really. And yes, they are in a 2x4. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. The same plants under the qb lights?

17. Autos and photos are two different animals but for flower with qb's in a 2x4 you only have about half the power I would recommend.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Those new boards would be impressive for you I'm sure. Try them out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. That's some good news. I'm hoping by the time I go to a tent this fall they have v3 boards out. I'd want to have 2*288v3 (R-spec) set up like a 260xw - basically two boards spread out on a bigger heatsink. Throw a qb3 between.
    I'd run the 288s and qb3s all day, hopefully achieving emerson with the 288's reds and the qb3 far reds. I'd leave the qb3s on for 10 extra mins for initiation.

One of those fixtures per plant in a 4x4 would be killer!

• Like Like x 1