New qb288

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Bigolenugs19, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Just wanted to share my new 2x qb288v2 frame I made. This is just for vegging a 4x4, these are super bright! Im used to running 4x qb96s and these feel brighter, but its probably just the 4000k spectrum thats messing with me. Anyways, onto the next round! 20190325_191435.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. yes, it's the 4000k messing with you. If I turn my 4000k off and leave on the 3000k only it looks like someone dimmed the universe. I love my 4000k for veg. Let me know what you learn with a pure 4000k veg. I am still trying to figure it out. I have successfully burned them and stretched them with a few in the goldilocks middle, but it isn't even an art yet, let alone a science.

3. My first veg with my qb96s was a learning experience to be sure! I have these dimmed way down and they are way high up as you seen. Gettin about 130 lux where they are at. I may dim them even more. I know these seedlings cant take much!

4. Is that 2 single 288s one on each side of the rack?

5. Yes, powered by a HLG-240H-54A

• Like Like x 1
  6. Been waiting for like 3 weeks for these...starting to think I got dooped.

7. For that driver? I go to onlinemeanwell.com.

8. Thanks for the response, when I am looking on hlg website i see a triple slate with 3 boards. Are each one of the boards a 288 or does the set equal the 288? Also about how much did the whole thing run you? I need a light for veg area or better flower lights whatever it is quantum boards look like what I wanna get they are just so hard to see in stock. Especially the 96 v2.

9. I bought 2x of the qb288v2 + slate 2 heatsink deals and the driver seperately. Came out to around $250 or so. I build my own frames so I can customize its placement and I enjoy putting it all together. Each board has 288 diodes a piece.

10. No I ordered the whole kit, but pre-assembled.

11. You're waiting on an order you paid for for 3 weeks now???

12. As much as it's been said how easy it is to do it yourself, I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself even after watching YouTube videos. I paid about 75 bucks more than you, but now that I been waiting almost 3 weeks, I'm regretting not buying all the pieces separately.

13. Yeah, apparently they are swamped and pre assembled kits require a couple weeks lead time for shipping

14. Damn, yeah I was really nervous building my qb96s, but it was really quite simple. These qb288s are even easier. Atleast your kit will look nice when its hanging in your tent ;) the wait is DEFINITELY worth it!

15. Not so sure about that.
    I'm not sure they can't take much. But I'm sure improper light is the root cause of many issues. Plants with insufficient light are susceptable to certain environmental conditions, and plants with too much light are susceptable to nute take up issues in that the plant is trying to grow and the leaves are shutting down. I have the ability to adjust the 4000k on individual plants, and I am learning to read lights just like I had to learn to read environment and nutes. I think optimum light varies based on plant developement and other environmental conditions.

16. So with that said, what do you think seedlings can take in terms of light from qbs, like my 288s?

Conrad's QB Corner [Perpetual Grow]

17. Big IDK! But these lights are powerful enough that it is not your imagination. Plus, you can see things under them you never saw before. Especially under blurple. I feed my small plants in the kitchen sink and they always look perfectly normal and very good in normal light. But under the qb you can actually see nutrients moving in the leaves. And if you demand perfect leaves like I do it is enough to drive a man to science.

18. Anyone have a suggestion what I can get in stock now for around 500 bucks? This is the board I am looking at. I have a 5 by 5 tent with a 315 lec, so hopefully I can get more flower power than that light.
    QB288 V2 QUANTUM BOARD & SLATE 2 TRIPLE

19. Late to the party but I've got a flower 5x5 with a 315cmh 3,1k. Yielded about 350g it was my first attempt from switching from outdoors.

I got two of these Kingbrite Samsung Qb288 V2 Lm301b Quantum Board Led Grow Light Full Spectrum 240w Warm White - Buy Qb288,Qb288 V2 Lm301b,Qb288 Quantum Board Product on Alibaba.com

The second grow with them I yielded 770g

My veg tent is using onither one of the led boards...

This grow looking roughly the same hopefully 30-60g more

20. Lol deffinatly late to the party I picked up 4 qb96s. I use the lec for veg but I need to get a different hood because this magnum xxl is no good. I might end up using it in the closet for a mother or something.