New Project Ideas

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sledge20, Jul 28, 2012.

1. srry to burst ur HID bubble but he is probably lookin for LED's for a reason.....:smoke:

2. Oh! He probably has a small tent or locker? Makes sence:confused:

3. i love how these MF'ers that praise the HiD gods just come on threads w/o even reading where it clearly states what size his grow space is....and just post stuff about how you should go with hPs if U wnt real budz durrrDuhdurr

4. DS 100 sounds like a good choice, i've got a 2*2 space. You think that will be enough light for about four plants? That would be all I can afford (while having a high quality LED)

I might just buy one eco flo (to test my hydro skills, and use pots for the rest (which i
    ve had success with.

5. I apprechiate the advice hellmut, but hps costs far too much in electricity, and produce too much heat.

6. dude i was just checkin them hydro containers your looking at and they are only 2 quarts...with a flowering plant in one of them you would have to be filling the res every 1-2 days and them smaller the container the harder it is to maintain good levels...(also i relized that those containers with let light shine into the water which is very bad makes PH levels go crazy and creates algae) check these out http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUCKET-Deep...main_0&hash=item5d30ded87b#ht_6233wt_1108they are 3.5 gallon and if you do 1 of these and 2 soil plants you would have plenty of room with the space u got and the light your looking at

7. Yeha, i forgot that u where gonna try to grow in small space:smoke:

8. Great catch, good lookin' out. As long as this 100w led will keep my 2*2 closet happy, I'll be happy. They do also come in 4 quart for 48$, I was looking at it for more of a novelty than functionality, I may end up doing all soil so I don't have to piss around with more equipment. No offense to people who use hydro, i'm sure it's great clean fun, I just don't think it's for me. Thanks for helping me decide on the DS-100,I almost pissed money on that ufo. Anyone in here ever try attitude seeds? or recommend a good bank? I
    ve got some comin' in but USPS put me in "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" lingo so I have no idea where the balls my package is. I don't have any qualms with HPS lighting, the initial cost is cheap and effective, and i'm sure it would work fine in my space. Yet LED's are far more efficent and will save me money in the long run.

9. Yo! I forgot about his growing method, i was just staiting how hps would b better, but if you really grew some shit rather than droping a bunch of led specs that u read of a magazine, grow some shit first! U wanna b dog! ;)

10. A few things hellmutt:

1.) Read a book
    2.) Get better english skills
    3.) Reading articles in the nations best-selling magazine on marijuana culture about LED v. HPS is a much better method than doing no research; followed by posting unwanted, poorly written posts about how you think hps is better.

11. Also, lov4led has proven (through photographic evidence) LEDs work quite well.

12. thanks man...i just hate when these guys come on to a thread and they start out by saying how hps is better than everything else

and if u want real buds u gotta use hps....when he;s probably never even seen a good led

(or got ripped off buying a 223 chip 13 watt LED panel..from some asshole on Ebay)

13. Yo! Daw im saying i tried led, not to crazy about it maybe i dint use it wright? And if my spelling is off its cuz im not @ a pc waisting away wile im trying to help u guys, im typing on my celly, and if u really grow some shit u know from first hand experience, the problem with these threads is that people like u rather start shit! So just start growing and then u can start posting:D

14. Oh, by the way your welcome! Trolls gotta love them!:smoke:

15. If you want to help someone about info about HPS lighting, go to a forum where people aren't planning on using LEDs.

16. Well sorry for trying to give u advice

17. #57 lov4led, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    lol thats a good one coming from such an ignorant person...with your remarks and spelling regardless of what your typing from i fail to see any real info coming from that blabbing motor you call a mouth..saying you used led's yet i see no prove nor knowledge that you even grow at all...how is it me who start so called SHIT.....when your the neanderthal that came here to this thread that in the first post states he is going to be using LED's and tried to tell us how HPS is so much better....umm i dont have to buy A/C, ventilation, pay crazy power bills, replace bulbs , or even have to do any wiring just plug it in and watch em grow so how is it something that you claim is SO GREEEAT! yet you need so many extra's to make it even capable of growing

PS lets see you run even a 125W hps for 18 hours and then touch the hood for 5 min or the ballast at that ....i can run my 90w ufo led for days on end and it never gets hotter than a 23w cfl(actually the cfl gets hotter after about 10 hours) i could hold my hand on it for hours + they last approx. 50k hours

18. Not to mention ballasts and reflectors.

19. true that my friend :D im not trying to "dog on" any type of lighting just putting it out there.....

if your growing for yourself quality is more important than quantity.....not many ppl want to spend a bunch of money on extra's and high power bills if they are smoking it their self...just remember when you speak of "gram per watt" make sure you include your whole setup power usage not just ur lights and see what is more efficient

and for any hps lover that will say "oh well uh u cant get uh 12" inch cola's from LED huh" I SAY my bowl isn't that big anyways.....

20. id be careful when buying led lighting though, i work with electronics, went to college for it and know how most electrical things work. most places wont place the amount of lumens the lights produce and instead post up how many watts it uses... which is pretty worthless. comparing a led light to a hid light is also hard to do. with leds usually they cluster 2 or 3 diodes together with a wider angled lens on them to produce a wide spread of light, which kills the light intensity and penetration of the light. they are driven at half of the amperage that they are rated for, so the heat from the diodes stay low and last longer...which means you are using more watts for less light intensity but looks just as bright. they make up for some of the wasted energy by using only 2 usable light wavelengths for photosynthesis instead of a wide spectrum. some companies do make good led's with a lower angled lens for better penetration and also use single diodes instead of clustering 2 or 3 together.

so spending an ass load of money for led lighting isnt really worth it in my opinion. for a small area grow id suggest cfls because they are cheap to buy, and replace, dont produce much heat, and easily moved closer to the plant. ive seen some amazing grows with just cfls.

if leds compared to hids everyone would have them for large grows, but they dont.