Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New product - Water filtered joint

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jarrad, Aug 29, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

2. ignore all the haters great idea man run with it

3. you could just get a small bubbler and put a joint in the bowl part

4. They have the charcoal filters sold on this site.  Unless you make a really ingenious design I don't think it'll be even good as the charcoal filter tips.

5. I can picture it now, when I'm old and care about my health I'll be smoking water filtered weed blunts for my medical needs. Bring it on future! 

6. I would buy one of these.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Maybe he can use a cooling liquid in place of water? I think Weed Star has a downstem here on GC shop that has a green cooling liquid that you freeze for 10 minutes or so. That would be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. How the hell does smoking a pipe or a bubbler make you look like a crackhead? Crackheads don't use bubblers-- they use crackpipes.

9. This is what you're referring to sir. You've been got. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWV7__FiKSM

10. it seems like an awesome idea i dont know if the water would really do anything and like... if its a glass piece it'll just get super dirty super fast and you'd always have to clean like after eachtime you smoke.

11. To people who don't smoke. I heard the reason rappers don't rap about dabs is cause the general public thinks it looks sketched out to torch it up. Educate those you cannot themselves. >_>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Lol what a douche bag

13. First of all, I applaud the idea!....In reality, I think it would be difficult to engineer....and, as has already been stated, above in an earlier post, the small amount of water would offer little filtration.

I clean my glass at the end of every day (because I use it everyday) and I can say that the water that comes out of it smells bad -we all know the smell of used bong water!. I think that small amount of water in your filter idea would get gunked up early on and ultimately make the smoke taste bad. 

14. #34 Headphones, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013

Or until it gets very dirty and brown.

My two issues with the idea are... if the smoke can pass into the water easily, whats keeping the water in the filter... you need air to pull the smoke through the water, but if you have empty pockets of air, the water is spilling out.

The second issue being, would that small amount of water even really filter it all properly. it'll brown in like 2 hits.

edit: the video above me, allthough doesnt look like smoking a joint anymore seems more efficient. But also seems pointless. lol

Right :p

Crackpipes. You know, with the labels on the side that say "CRACKPIPE" in big red letters. The ones they sell in crackpipe stores.

16. #36 tstick, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2013
    My wife saw me use my titanium ladle once and thought it was REAL sketch....mostly because of the torch... I won't even think about dabbing in front of most people I would smoke a joint around. And trying to explain it just makes one sound like the typical drug-using excuse maker. There might be ways of breaking people into it, but it has to be done carefully and tactfully, imo.

I love dabs and I believe it to be THE most-efficient and cleanest way of inhaling vapor, but it DEFINITELY looks way more "serious" than the good, old, fun-loving image of the happy go lucky Cheech and Chong stereotype!

Dabbing isn't much different than formally using opium, as far as concentrated extractions and specialized tools for using it, goes. It's a very formal technique to do dabs. It's an almost....(dare I say?)... "elite" way to use.

17. I'll buy one right now dude

18. i think there are some online. i saw it being sold in a chinese site. 

19. Cheers for all the support guys!
    I kinda really busy at the moment but I have started some CAD designs and drawings, I will probably get a couple 3D printed just as prototypes and I will let you know how they go, probably include a video too!  :D
    I was thinking about this idea of them being disposable, and I think I would struggle to keep them cheap enough if they were to still be made from glass. However if I then swapped to plastic (like suggested) when you came to the end of the joint it would be inevitable that at some point you would end up smoking plastic fumes.  :unsure:

As for those who say that its not worth using as you will get next to no filtration, all I can say is something is better than nothing. Besides we will only know if that is the case when the prototypes have been produced :)

Peace :bongin:  

20. you fucked man i just sent in a patent bahahaha!