New pre-cooler for Captain Cough

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Bluntmastaflex, Apr 10, 2013.

1. The bong's name is Captain Cough. Bought a 14mm, $55 pre-cooler with 6 arm diffusers. Tried it yesterday with a secondary ash catcher and it hit pretty smooth without too much drag. The question is, should I use the secondary ash catcher or the regular bowl piece. I liked the smoothness of using the ash catcher and how it kept the pre-cooler clean but I couldn't help but stare at it and think it looks ugly. I'm going to try it with the regular bowl piece that can hold larger bowls and see if it maintains the same smoothness. Also, what's everybody's experience with cleaning these multi arm diffusers?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Regular bowl for sure. No need to have the precooler with the Ashcatcher.

3. Some of those can be a bitch to clean but that one actually looks like the arms are pretty fat and spaced out so it should clean easy

no ash catcher for sure

4. Unless the carb on that second ashcatcher makes it really easy to clear, it seems like it would be a better pull using the more standard bowl. As for cleaning, rinse it after every sesh and before bed, and you shouldn't have too many issues with it. When it gets really bad toss some large grain salt and iso in it plug all theholes, then shake the living hell out of it. I've seen a lot of people on hereadvocating hot water for cleaning water pieces, but that just won't get the job done unless maybe you're using water that's dangerous to either you or your piece