New pot plant please help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dogluvr420, Sep 28, 2015.

1. So I've been putting seeds in a planter box with the little plant that I already have growing in my house and finally two of them sprouted and are growing little leaves does anybody have any tips on what I should do with them now?

2. Congratulations on getting them to come up. Now....how do you deal with them. This is going to totally depend on your geographical location. If you're like most of us and live somewhere with definite hot/cold seasons, if you intend to keep them you're going to have to figure out a way to finish them off inside since the natural growing season is nearing an end and you won't be able to finish them outside. To get an idea about what it takes to create an indoor setup, get on the new growers thread and have a look around. You might be able to repot them once they get strong enough and keep them over throughout the winter until the spring when you could finish them off outside. Not knowing anymore about your situation and location makes it difficult to advise you about what to do.

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1443443308.372414.jpg
    This is what I've got, I live in Baltimore so it's going into autumn now. How do I repot them?

4. The sprouts are both in the pot on the right

5. Also how often should I water them

6. I'm going to be totally honest with you here. If you have no experience, it's almost pointless trying to work and keep these plants over the winter to put outside next spring. You either have to have an indoor setup for growing or have a place outside that you aren't fearful of trying to grow them off in. But since you have nothing in the way of equipment and it's so close to winter, I think I would just forget about these two and start with seeds again around January or February if you want to try and grow yourself some. During that period of time, get on the new grower threads here and do some serious reading so you can get your knowledge base up. There is a lot more to this than just chunking a seed in some dirt, watering it and walking away. You need to read up on these things: Watering practices and pH management of water and feed. Nutrients. Lighting. Grow Media. How and when to repot your plants. All this is basic stuff and you need a good solid understanding of it. It's not rocket science, but you'll be pulling your hair out trying to figure out what's going on if you have no idea what the basics are. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help to you. My husband and I have been growing for a couple of years now. We converted an extra bedroom in our house after the boys grew up and got married and moved out, so if two old people like us can learn how to do it, you can too!! TWW

7. Thank you so much for the help, I'm just gonna keep them in the pot and water them and see what happens. I'm not financially ready to invest in a grow area quite yet, but in the near future when I have enough money, I'll hit you up and ask for some suggestions. I'll read up on how to grow in the meantime.

8. I wouldn't say pointless, but it will be pretty futile to keep them in that pot, even if other issues were resolved.

The nutes and pH issues and lighting are all certainly relevant to yield and potency, but dirt weed has existed in nature by itself for eons long before humans decided to up the ante. OP really hasn't indicated what exactly they are going for...maybe they just want to see if anything will grow.

That being said, it DOES seem a tremendous waste of time not to at least put SOME effort into this if the growing is going to occur indoors. Find a closet or something at a minimum...I understand that not everyone has the luxury of spare bedrooms. And I also understand that we all have different goals...as I have indicated in my mini-journal, some of the first grow was about the experience and everything else will be a bonus.

The other thing OP has to consider that does not appear to have been taken into account is that an indoor grow WILL be quite aromatic...it isn't something easily hidden without going into the time and expense of filters in a designated grow area...

9. Oh I'm fine with my house smelling like pot