New Poll on Yahoo

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by sublimestyle420, Oct 6, 2010.

1. haha i know man. its gotta be a bunch of bullshit.

2. I know this is just one poll, but it has fucked up my night.

3. Don't let any article from Rueters worry you as I have seen several blatantly propaganda news stories that were published there with no verifiable source for their information.
    As an example,it is Rueters that carried all the recent reductions in the amounts of the cartels profits realized from marijuana. It was 60% and now they have lowered it to 30% to 40%. It seemed like they had a lower number every time they estimated it over the last 4 months and since no one I know has reduced their amount of intake,it is probably a ploy to detract the amount of damage legalization would cause the cartels.

It is still our most viable reason to stop the prohibition and the drug warriors wanted that 60% lost and forgotten.
    My money is on it being a red herring to disrupt or discourage voters and encourage the prohibs.

4. http://www.ipsos-na.com/download/pr.aspx?id=10021

These are the actual results of the poll. I read on another article that it was biased towards republicans, but I haven't looked at the results, so I'm not sure why they would say this. The good news is that its only 600 people, I believe that other polls have been up to 2000, so this is relatively small.

5. From the pdf:

600 registered voters, only 74.6% likely to vote in California.

48.7% Democrats, Tend to vote with Democrats
    37.2% Republican, tend to vote Republican.

Basically you are a likely voter if you are registered to vote, think you are very likely to vote this November, and you care about Election Day happenings alot.

Question 10:

82% Wrong track
    13% Right track
    5% Unsure/refused

Question 11:

50% Economy/jobs
    33% Budget/deficit
    23% Government / politics / politicians(inclu. corruption)
    17% Education
    14% Immigration

6. NEW POLL the amount of people in cali using yahoo that are high, 1 person, the amount of people in cali who are using yahoo that are just uneducated people sitting infront of a computer taking polls for no reason...too many

7. #10 Cutlass253, Oct 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010
    Its actually a Rueters poll, its a normal poll just like all the others.

EDIT: Proponents of Prop. 19 point out that the questions in the Reuters/Ipsos poll use different descriptions than the wording in the initiative itself. Moreover, they suggest that the small sample size of the poll may also have accounted for why the results differ from several others.

I'm looking to see if this poll was a phone poll. Supposedly that tends to make people not want to admit to supporting legalization.

8. haha i know im just messing around man

9. Meh. It sucks this is out there, but hey, maybe it'll prompt people that are in favor to get out and vote. I personally think the Poll is just an anomaly. The sample size is too small, and it completely goes against every other Poll that show Prop 19 will pass. In the end, all we can do is just keep on fighting for it, and keep on talking to anyone who will listen. We have the numbers, and we have the truth on our side. I just have to believe that my fellow Californians are smart enough to see though all the scare tactics and lies, and Vote Yes on 19. Stop the violence and give people a safer alternative to Booze.

10. 999 polls show a majority of voters are gonna vote yes and 1 shows they will vote no, which does Yahoo report?

11. ""Likely voters(reported on for ballot questions only) are defined as individuals currently registered to vote, who voted in the 2008 Presidential election, are a 7-10 on a 10-point likelihood to vote scale, and are interested in following news about the campaign ‘a great deal’ or ‘quite a bit.’ Individuals who did not vote in the 2008 Presidential election qualify as likely voters if they are registered to vote, are an 8-10 on a 10-point likelihood to vote scale, and are interested in following news about the campaign ‘a great deal’ or ‘quite a bit.’ \t\t\t \t\t

Basically you are a likely voter if you are registered to vote, think you are very likely to vote this November, and you care about Election Day happenings alot.""

Which means no one in the younger block of our supporters were called. That alone skews the poll. I would like to see what the registrations to vote statistics are,to see if young voter applications are up.

12. Right here. Plus, none of the real stoners are going to be going polled/bother doing a poll until November 2nd arrives :smoke:.