New Plants Help Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Catsruby, Apr 23, 2014.

1. This is my first endevor into growing. I have done my reading and research but not sure what comes next, do I just leave them alone for now. My son is telling me it time to pinch the top

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Get the lights closer to the plants and bury some of that stem with dirt. They are stretching to find light, so stake them up and I would try to get a fan in there on low at first to start strengthening the stalk.

Also I wouldn't top them, they look to be in a bad spot at the moment as it is.

Sent from my C5215 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. If you did your research, you should know that you should not touch them in terms of pinching the top or anything like that. They are just babies. Let them gain some strength.

Secondly, they are stretching for light. Move the light way closer. I am assuming the lights are CFL's or Florescent tubes... they should be okay 2" from the top of the plants.

When they are strong enough to re-pot, bury the long stem a couple inches.

4. You have a nice amount of stretch on some of those seedlings. Your light setup?  Medium? You gotta check those seedlings on the left they look like theyre going off

5. Thank you I was sure I didnt need to pinch them yet. I will mpve them closer to the light and add a fan.pretty sure plants f and c are gone so I am going to remove them. Plant f never actually came up and plant c was broken yesterday. Thank you for the help it is very much appreciated.

6. #6 Team Imp, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    please please please do not top those they are still babies and need to grow some fan leaves, they are hurting desperately for more light if your using CFLs a bare min for this stage would be 23 watts at 6500k a few inches away and they will be much much happier. As they get bigger add more lights and side lights if you feel the need. I just started my first grow a few weeks ago and am learing by trial and error as well

7. Op what research did you do.

If you top them you will be left with a stem so i wouldnt listen to your son.
    As people have said light is needed close, no nutes, let them dry a little to gain oxygen, let them build a root zone.
    Less is more with this plant, and all strains are different so it helps to know about the strain youre growing.

8. The lights are being moved closer as I said my son came to me this morning and told me that they need to be topped I didn't think they did seeing as they are only a week old so I'm moving it all now and by this evening it will be fixed by this evening thank you for your help and your advice

9. Get your lights closer and cover those stems as stated above. Water and litfa.

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. Oh hey be careful with that fan bro, those guys have very little structure as it is, a good blast could flatten all of them

11. I thought the fan was used when it gets older but will start that tonight and will slowly move it closer to stregthen the stem?

12. Woops my bad I thought I saw something said about a fan after re reading it I see nothing about a fan lol

13. Was just wondering if your little girls got better?

14. Yes I have left that seem to be doing good thanks to you guys