New plant - stunted?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MikeChes, Oct 26, 2012.

1. This is an auto-fem Pakistan Valley at 6 days. Its in jiffy mix, 16Oz foam cup. Under 100 Watts of cfl about 6 inches above plant, partially enclosed, temp about 85 degrees. Haven't tested Ph of water source but have used it to grow many indoor veggies before like lettuce and broccoli.

Does this plant look really stunted to anyone else? I was just enough to keep the soil damp

Any opinions?

Attached Files:

2. Looks fine to me. You can take off the seed casing carefully.

How old?

Make sure you water until you get about 10-15% runoff. Then, allow the soil to dry out completely. Usually 2-3 days.

Do you have airflow on the plant?

85 is about as warm as it should be. 70's are better.

3. Hey BYO, thanks for the advice. It is 6 days old. So you're saying water it til water runs it of the bottom at 10-15%? I haven't watered that much yet but I could try it.

I'm going out to get a fan to cool it down a bit. I removed the bulk of the shell, what's left is the skin. I guess I could try tweezers. Is it super important?

Should the fan be on 24 hours? Also oscillate or straight on?

4. [quote name='"MikeChes"']

Hey BYO, thanks for the advice. It is 6 days old. So you're saying water it til water runs it of the bottom at 10-15%? I haven't watered that much yet but I could try it.

I'm going out to get a fan to cool it down a bit. I removed the bulk of the shell, what's left is the skin. I guess I could try tweezers. Is it super important?

Should the fan be on 24 hours? Also oscillate or straight on?[/quote]

Exactly. It's important to completely saturate the soil, and then let the soil completely dry out.

Just took a quick glance and thought it was the seed shell, not important. Those round leaves (cotyledons) usually eventually die off.

Yes 24 hours, and oscillating.