New plant - how am I doing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mlabonte05, Jan 30, 2013.

1. #1 mlabonte05, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2013
    So here are some pictures of my new plant. Technically bag seed I guess? It was from green crack. Either way I'm now using CFL lights. I have only 3 atm and 1 on the plant. I know I have to get 2 more and all 5. I've read that one plant should have a true 100 Watt. I only will have about 60 Watts with these 3 lights I have. Would that be enough or should I get 2 more? Along with that it is sitting in miracle grow and I know that's not the best for it but it has been doing really well. It has perlite and shit mixed in and water drains through it really nicely. Here's some picture of it and if theres any info on how its doing lemme know! It's very young at about 6 days old. 3 days to germinate and 3 since sprouting. It's just shy under 3" right now. Is this an odd height for not a lot of growth of the actual leaves? Thanks

EDIT: So Smoke EZ explained to me the issue. Picture in the latest post.

Attached Files:

2. Alright man it might be too late but your plant is stretching way too much meaning the stems too long reason being is your cfl is too far away I'd move it 2 - 5 inches from the plant an replant it so that most of the stem is under dirt or else ya gonna have to start over

3. Uh oh good to know haha! And this is why I was worried. Ill replant now and hopefully itll bounce back and continue. If not no loss to me. I didnt spend any money on seeds. But this is my first grow so Im completely new to all of this

4. This is kinda sad haha. I wish I knew more about this stuff but I guess it's all learn as you go and try and understand. Either way I replanted it in a bigger cup (sadly not a peat cup so transplant might be difficult) but just a bit of the stem is out and the light is positioned about 2.5" away. Here is a picture. Is this better?

Attached Files:

5. That's better mate usually in cfl grows tho you don't have the light in a lamp like that usually they're in the open than you use Mylar or some thing white in a grow tent or box to reflect the light around that way you don't fry your plant and this light has all it's energy directed right at the plant it might fry it so watch good and I'm currently germing a bag seed and I'm constructing a heavy duty cardboard grow bow with 3 fans for circulation and 2 cfls I'm gonna make a thread when I have the seed planted ill post a link here when I do so you can maybe get tips if you'd like..