New Planet Of The Apes Movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by DragonMage, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Has anyone seen it? How does it compare to the original ones?

2. somehow i just found out about there being a whole series of Planet of the Apes movies.
    i just thought there was The Planet of the Apes and then the 2001 remake.

but compared to the 1968 original and the 2001 remake it was really quite good.
    i like how they make the whole apes taking over thing somewhat plausible rather than ignoring the fact that we have larger numbers and larger weapons that would never allow apes to take over. i won't spoil how though for you.
    sorry i ramble i just faced a joint

3. I thought it was very good and 100% better than the remake. I personally never liked the old one that much either. This one was great because it had a very clear explanation and everything was pretty damn logical too haha

4. I was surprised that i liked it.

I couldn't help but wonder though, why does one city have so many god damn chimps in it?

5. #5 Tixoh, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2011
    -Original Series Spoiler-

I've seen the original series. It was a nice re-make. It took away the whole time travel aspect of the Planet of the ape series. Replaced it with scientificly induced evolution. In the original Cesar was the baby chimp of Zira and Cornelius; They were the evolved scientist apes of the from the future. Zira got pregnant while on earth after time traveling away from "Ape-earth" after an atomic bomb wiped out the planet. Origin of Cesar

Cesar grew up in a circus. Came to civilization where apes were enslaved and Domesticated by humans. The Apes were More evolved already, having become pets ti the humans, after the virus Zira and Cornelius unknowingly brought with them; killed all the Dogs and cats. Being a highly intelligent ape he was outraged by the poor treatment of Apes. Spoke out against a beating. Had to runaway and was forced to assimilate into slavery. Then slowly built up and led a rebellion of Apes against the humans. That was the original.

http://cinemapeek.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/planet-of-the-apes-starri-001.jpg?w=300&h=180 Zira and Cornelius

http://www.cinemaretro.com/uploads/PLANETAPES3.jpg This was Cesar

Good set of Movies. The third movie was my least favorite.
    Like always, remakes change things about the original stories. 2 different stories but superbly executed.
    :smoke:

6. The actor who portrayed Caesar was phenomenal
    He outshadowed James Franco even, although Franco was great in this film as well

7. wasnt as violent as i thought it would be.

8. Our strength is our diversity:rolleyes: :wave:

9. I loved it, the ending is great :smoke:
    Have a watch and tell us what you think of it. Caesar is bad ass :smoke:

10. This is a pretty good movie but it is hard to compare to legendary Charlton Heston. Anyway this is the prequel, so the Charlton Heston character does not yet appear. They say they will make a series of movies, so I cannot wait. Regarding this first one, the apes are very well played and rendered. In my opinion, special effects could have been a bit better, but I am picky.