New Plan With A Tote (Pics Included)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by namenlos923, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Bought a 6inch clip fan from walmart to help with the temp problem. Its managed to keep it at a fairly stable 85 degrees during the daytime, and around 78 at night. I have two cfls and a small t8 tube light.

2. 130811_0002.jpg My plant as of today. I think she looks good and healthy.
    130811_0001.jpg
    ok so i'm finally adding pictures and updates lol I've been having issues with my internet so that's why it's taken so long, and I apologize.
    I have added another cfl that is 3000k to mix up the spectrum a little bit. making it a total of 72 watts at the moment. it has made the temps raise though. they are staying at about 90...I gotta figure out a way to cool it better. next week I might be able to buy a better computer fan to replace my outtake fan that I have right now. I was looking at one that is 107 cfm. should improve since my current fan is only 72 cfm. There's been so much going on in my life right now though lol. I may end up having to kill the plant because my family is wanting to remodel the apartment I live in, and not everyone in my family is 420 friendly lol but I am going to continue growing until I have no other option. this was just a test run to give me a feel of what scrog is all about really...

I had the seedling in a homemade SIP container made out of a 24oz mountain dew bottle. medium was nothing but peat moss. after about 4 days I went  ahead and transplanted it into a 6 inch pot that is also a SIP, but was bought from walmart or somewhere like that lol. the medium is mostly peat moss, but in the the bottom half I mixed in some of my compost that has been cooking all summer. well technically like 4 gallons of it has been cooking for over a year lol. but anywho, that's the only kind of special nutrients this plant has gotten so far. the top half of the pot is nothing but peat. I figured it would be plenty strong enough for the nutrients by the time it's roots made it there. I have watered with plain water and a very little superthrive. the superthrive was used more when it was a tiny seedling to encourage a strong root system. my final pot for this plant will be a 2 gallon smartpot. the soil will most likely be my compost and more peat moss. I don't have any other veg nutes atm. well..i have some miracle grow all purpose plant feeder, and miracle grown tomato feeder, but i'm trying to just use my compost in veg and maybe some compost teas. if I end up needing any nutes for veg, i'll get some fox farms grow big. for bloom right now I have fox farms open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha ching. I've been using the beastie bloomz on my bell pepper plant out on my porch though lol. it's worked pretty well for it!

the plant got to go outside yesterday for a little bit, but seemed to actually like it better when it got put back into the grow box. had some crazy stuff go on with my electric (purely the electric company's fault) and had no electric in my house for a brief period.

sooo tell me any comments, complaints, and suggestions.

3. I'm gonna put up more pics when I get the chance. I transplanted into my 2 gallon smart pot and put in my screen. The plant has to grow a bit more to get to the screen, but my lights are practically touching the screen right now and are about 3 inches away. The plant seems to have taken to the new soil pretty well. Its just a mix of peat and my compost. It grew about an inch just over night. Doesn't seem to have suffered from any shock :D

4. I'm gonna put up more pics when I get the chance. I transplanted into my 2 gallon smart pot and put in my screen. The plant has to grow a bit more to get to the screen, but my lights are practically touching the screen right now and are about 3 inches away. The plant seems to have taken to the new soil pretty well. Its just a mix of peat and my compost. It grew about an inch just over night. Doesn't seem to have suffered from any shock :D

5. My plant in a 2 gallon smart pot. Half peat moss and the other half is my own organic compost. Put up my screen that was handmade by my awesome girlfriend :D might i add that this plant has never had nutes, only superthrive as a seedling.

Attached Files:

6. Got some slight yellowing on the bottom leaves.

7. How rich is your compost? What's in it?

8. It's mostly kitchen scraps, rabbit poop, peat moss, and dirt from my back yard. I put dried bananas in it once too. I currently have tomatoes growing in my compost that I didn't purposely plant lol. They are doing great btw.

9. Gonna make a tea out of some rabbit poop today too

10. Heres an updated photo that I took yesterday

Attached Files:

11. Brewing my team at the moment.

12. Sprayed some of the tea on as a foliar spray. Yellowing has stopped and hasn't gotten worse so yay on that. Seems perky now, I really think it enjoyed the tea. :) I also sprayed it on my bell pepper plant too. It also loved it

13. So the big leaf that was real yellow continued to yellow until it fell off, but nothing else has yellowed since then.

14. IMPO it sounds like its pulling nutes from the bottom leaves to feed the new growth.

15. So needs more notes. I was honestly thinking that too.. Thank you for your input ^^

16. So needs more notes. I was honestly thinking that too.. Thank you for your input ^^

17. I was also thinking that maybe the roots haven't hit the compost yet. Top half is just peat moss right?

18. Hmm. Maybe. I tried to mix it in the best I could, but yeah the top is mostly peat. I hadn't thought of that.