New piece need some advice

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by 7SXVI, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Just bought this beauty off of a friend, first pipe I had ever smoked from and now it's mine :)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446522650.971884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446522732.620801.jpg

Any suggestions for how to clean it? I want it to look brand new, but I heard about collecting resin, and other complications. Tips?

2. ziiploc bag, or container, submerge in iso alcohol. 91% or better. Soak for a day or two, shake some etc... then run it under some water and rinse it off. Should be brand new.

3. ^^^^ what he said!

4. yep, alcohol works great. add some salt to the alcohol too.. a good amount. then shake the shit out of it. then, let it sit. repeat a few times. Take it out, rinse with hot water and you should be good to go. Only takes about 15 minutes the salt works as a corrosive to get the gunk out.

5. Id rather eat deer shit than smoke resin. Seriously don't do it. Just clean the piece. I have a minor alteration that works a. It quicker so you can smoke out of it the same day you clean it.

Step 1: place bowl into a ziploc with 91% isopropyl alcohol (found at any pharmacy with the rubbing alcohol, band aids and hydrogen peroxide) the bowl should be covered 1/2-3/4 of the way

Step 2: add coarse sea salt. Not table salt. It works much better with coarse salt. You don't need much.

Step 3: shake the bag vigorously for about a minute.

Step 4: take the bowl out, but keep the contents of the bag. Rinse it with hot water in a sink to get rid of some of the loose resin. Allow the water to enter through any hole. The carb, mouthpiece, and the bowl.

Steph 5: place bowl back in bag and shake for another minute. And repeat step 4.

Step 6: get a qtip and wipe the excess resin off. I've gotten creative over the years and started using a paper clip to scrape the inside.

Step 7: rinse thoroughly with cold or warm water and let it dry for a half hour to an hour.

Step 8: smoke some bud!

That's me though. I don't like to wait. But now I have multiple pieces so I can just soak a piece over night.