New Piece - Help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ryan303, Jan 16, 2019.

1. I bought this beauty yesterday and didn’t ask enough questions at the shop I was at so I’m hoping I can find some help here. First question is what is the thing up top? Second, how do I fill up the middle perc with water without getting water caught up top like in picture 2?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Whole piece

Attached Files:

3. From the top it should hold some water then excess drains to the bottom its a bird cage perc

4. Or fill and do a dummy drag some should get pulled up as you pull

5. Thank you! I never even heard of a bird cage perc before. I’ve never had a stemless piece either so this is definitely different to me. I think I got the water right though, it hit pretty well on a dummy hit.

Attached Files:

6. Looks a bit like mine its got 2 honey comb percs then a bird cage then an ice part super smooth

7. Is it made by Wicked Sands? Sounds extremely similar to this one. I’m not sure my part up top is made for ice though? Either way it hits incredibly smooth. I love it

8. No bkack leaf i thinknlook like it will hold ice pop it in the top

• Like Like x 1
  10. First of, grats to the purchase brother, looking cool!

I might not be right but I see no bird cage in that piece. What I see (top to bottom):
    * Splash guard (top). Prevents water entering your mouth on hard pulls. should drain to the tree after the pull.
    * 8-10 arm tree perc (middle).
    * 2 disc percs (bottom). Could be honeycomb but I can't really see and I doubt it.

Disc perc is something very general, meaning a disc with holes in it. How it is shaped is very individual and different companies have their own names for them.

If you want to check around a bit to identify which type of disc perc it is here are some examples of how they can look. I've linked to google as not to advertise so you might need to click around.

Seed of Life
    SYN
    Generic Honeycomb

There are a lot of ways to fill a bong but to me the easiest way on that one seems to be to fill water from the top until it is a bit above the slits in the tree. Then I would fill it from the bottom to where I wanted it to be.

PS:
    Water levels are highly individual and a fun way to change the function of your piece:D I'm not even sure I dare to recommend anything but I would put the water level in the bottom between the two discs and for the tree 1 inch/2.5cm above the slits. I like a little bit of chug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thank you very much. That was extremely helpful. I’m not sure what type of disc perks they are either to be honest but it is a smooth experience so I can’t complain. Thanks again though that was a lot of help.

• Like Like x 2
  12. No problem brother, hope you get a lot of nice sessions with that piece:)

I myself prefer hand crafted disc percs as I love the art and craft associated with it. Honeycombs probably has one of the better functions but I think they look too industrial. From your pic it seems like they might be hand crafted.

Peace and enjoy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I agree with everything @koruptyg has said.

as for the tree- fill to just above the diffusion slits. there should be little to no water getting through the splash guard.

good luck