New PICS on CFL LAVENDER/LACONFID/FLO

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by geneticengineer, Sep 5, 2008.

1. #1 geneticengineer, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    This is in a 3'x3'x2'deep growbox bought at home depot for 70 bucks. I'm using 9800 lumens currently @ 2 inches above LST-topchutes. Its mylar lined, with several fans and timers. I'm using a new type of carbon filter I put together.

What I did was buy these carbon filters for replacement filters for air freshners; they are these 10" x 10" square patches. I electrical taped the patches to the backs of my 2 5"x5" air exhausts. The air pushed through the exhausts has to permeate through twice the surface area in carbon filter, which is already a multiplied form of surface area.

Result?

No negative odors, the light is kept out (hormone-danger), muffled fan noise, and its about 1/3 the price as building your own filter. Plus you can replace them. I also use 3 odor eating cfls producing a whapping 4500 lumens in 2700k.

Works for me- I grow these meds so I dont have to buy them!

----100% LEGAL CALIFORNIA MED GROW!----

Attached Files:

2. oh yea and im starting 12/12 tommorow after i install 1 70watt hps in addition to what im already using for a total of 17k lumens for 4 :hello:LSTed clones.

3. Has anyone tried 70 watt hps in a 3 foot tall stealth chamber?

4. no but thats probly what im going to be getting once i get to the flowering cycle. i have a 400w hps but thats probly way to powerful for a 3 foot tall chamber.

5. #6 richirich_99, Sep 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2008
    i would love to see what your box looks like if you got any pics. I build a grow box the same size, but want to get something a lil smaller. i would like something thats like 5'Hx3'Wx18"D so i can make two areas a veg/mother clone area and flower in the lower half of the box.

6. How many actual watts are you running there? Not lumens.

7. at the moment 150 watts. but today i just bought my 70 watt hps outdoor security light. that will put it up to 220 watts for flower...

its hard to see but on one of those pics i have some dimensions on the box, heres another pic outside the box

Attached Files:

8. rofl wrong picture, thats a goddamed crawdad! :)

Attached Files:

9. check it out, i just installed the 70 watt hps. but have not added the cfl augment yet.
    i just let these guys out of their lst bonds starting their flowering. is that good? or should i keep them tied down. chutes seem to be growing at same rate

all up to fire code too.

Attached Files:

10. Looking good. What are you using for your ventilation? how much was that box?

11. it was like 70 for box, im using 2 120mm 12v computer fans for vent. 1 intake, 1 exhaust, and 1 120v fan @5 watts (powersaving fan) for inside circulation

im gonna install the cfl later today, i have to wait for the lights to kick in before i do any work

12. Damn. i just looked that box up on HD... that is a nice little box for under 70 dollars.

If you get a chance, Id love to see some pics of the box and what all u got goin on in there besides the ladies

13. me too, im about to buy a similar box, just taller to really try to get my sog going. We love pics, keep em coming! ;)

14. im going to be opening up the box at 6 pm pacific time for cfl augmentation as the lights will be kicking in then. i got every crack of the box sealed up with aluminum foil tape to prevent hormones. if you guys dont have aluminum foil tape, GET IT!

15. How would you rate the box? Was it a hastle to setup or farely easy?

((Thinkin about getting one of these, would love to see some pics so i dont have to drive to HD to check it out in person..))

16. Installed the Cfl Augment. This box has worked well for me so far. It was cheap, so was the quality. Sturdy, but slightly flimsy, but for the money i couldnt find anything better. was easy to put together. had to line the inside as light penetrates through it.

aluminum foil and mylar purchased in gift wrap form fixes the light penetration.

you can pick up mylar at any gift wrapping shop for ultra cheap.

when i originally made it, i put a shelf inside of it and set it towards the top. this is where i kept the electronics. when i installed the hps a few days ago, i took out the shelf and had to rewire the interior electrical systems.

i was ultra paranoid when upgrading to hps, for fear of fire. i did everything fire code, and did extensive thermal testing. i reached a sort of marginal utility with temperature in my box. it seems 10-12k lumens is the limit for me with the 120mm fans and the positioning i have.

i realized height is not a problem when using lst method. you can just tie down anything you see growing towards the light. my plants are very very bushy now they look like they are each 3-4 mini sog plants.

hope this helps. im hoping to see buds any day now. the pictures are distored because the light intensity is so extreme inside my box for my iphone...

Attached Files:

17. i think im goin to try to add even more light today.

18. check this out. its been a few days since ive uploaded any pictures.
    ive increased the lumen output to around 14,000 in a small space with mylar.

the clones are just starting to flower 7 days into 12/12 photoperiod

70 watt hps, and 4 cfls up close

Attached Files:

19. how do u have those cfls mounted? looks like they are floating... or am i just baked? either way shits looking good, that box is so sexy, exactly what im looking for.

whered u pick up that hps @? Thought 12k lumens was your max? why the increase?