New perpetual setup. any pointers

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bsnow0053, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ok so I wanna start a new perpetual grow and I wanna know if my setup would work good enough.

So I wanna have 2 mothers for clones. One critical sensi star and one carmelo. I wanna take 2 clones off each plant so 4 all together. Then 2 weeks later take 4 more so that I will have 8 plants in veg for a month all together. When I take the 3rd cuttings on the sixth week ill move my first batch in the flower room.

So every two weeks ill be taking cuttings. But for the flower room ill have 16 plants all together so they can stay in flower for 2 months instead of just one. So all together theyd be in veg for a month and flower for 2 months. I wanna crop 4 plants every 2 weeks.

My setup:
    Mother room/clone room- 4ft t8 4 bulb and 4ft t8 2 bulb
    Veg room- 400 watt metal halide
    Flower room- 2 600watt hps and 1 250watt hps

Need some opinions and help.

2. No one can help?

3. Sounds good to me I'm just starting a perp. Garden and have a similar setup ur pushing a lot more wattage but sounds like you've got it under controll

4. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']Sounds good to me I'm just starting a perp. Garden and have a similar setup ur pushing a lot more wattage but sounds like you've got it under controll[/quote]

Thanks bro..and yea just picked my 400 watt up the other day got a good deal on it. The only thing.I'm wondering is if I should do a scrog in flower?

5. i've never done a perpetual. but from what i've read, it's very difficult to get one going perfectly. there always seems to be a little glitch somewhere along the line that screws things up. i'd like to see one myself.

6. Guess it depends on how long you going to veg or how big you want your plants to Be. I wouldn't use a ScrOG I think LST would be easier just tie em down to the edge of the pot then you won't have to worry about a screen in your way

7. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']

Guess it depends on how long you going to veg or how big you want your plants to Be. I wouldn't use a ScrOG I think LST would be easier just tie em down to the edge of the pot then you won't have to worry about a screen in your way[/quote]

Yea I was thinking that I've done lst before and it worked fine. Thanks for the opinion. How you doing your prep. Grow?

8. [quote name='"GrowBot"']i've never done a perpetual. but from what i've read, it's very difficult to get one going perfectly. there always seems to be a little glitch somewhere along the line that screws things up. i'd like to see one myself.[/quote]

Nothings ever perfect. No matter your doing one or thirty plants. Plants are like people they change and they want. We will never be perfect and neither will they. You just go with the flow

9. I'm doing 15-20 plants every 2 weeks. I take the cuttings, put them in my cloning tray once they root ( about 5-10 days ) I throw them under the MH, then once it's time for a new batch ( 2weeks from the first batch was cut ) I take the cuttings and wait for the new batch to root, oncethe new batch roots, I put the ones under the MH into flower and the newly rooted clones under the MH which should eventually lead to a harvest every couple weeks or so. I get really confused when I think about it too much best thing in my oppinion is to just go for it. You can plan all you want but things always change, just expect it to not go exactly how you planned. Like I said im new to perp. Gardening this is just the way I'm trying it and it's working pretty good so far. You can check out my journal it should have everything in there

10. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']I'm doing 15-20 plants every 2 weeks. I take the cuttings, put them in my cloning tray once they root ( about 5-10 days ) I throw them under the MH, then once it's time for a new batch ( 2weeks from the first batch was cut ) I take the cuttings and wait for the new batch to root, oncethe new batch roots, I put the ones under the MH into flower and the newly rooted clones under the MH which should eventually lead to a harvest every couple weeks or so. I get really confused when I think about it too much best thing in my oppinion is to just go for it. You can plan all you want but things always change, just expect it to not go exactly how you planned. Like I said im new to perp. Gardening this is just the way I'm trying it and it's working pretty good so far. You can check out my journal it should have everything in there[/quote]

Thanks man that gave me some ideas of what I'm gunna do...ajd yea I've been trying.to figure.it all out and its mad confusing so like you said I'm just gunna go for it. Trial and error is the best way to go.

11. Glad I could help...I've sat for weeks trying to wrap my head around how I was gonna do it, but once I finally did it kinda just falls into place. Should deffinetly start a journal or at least the dates of everything you do, it can still get a little confusing

12. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']Glad I could help...I've sat for weeks trying to wrap my head around how I was gonna do it, but once I finally did it kinda just falls into place. Should deffinetly start a journal or at least the dates of everything you do, it can still get a little confusing[/quote]

Yea I was thinking of doing a journal but I think I'm gunna try to go old school for alittle and just go with the flow and.let my ladies talk to me...haha sounds dumb but I wanna try it

13. I just mean on paper keep track of feeding schedules, when u take cuttings, how long you veg, stuff like that. It helps being able to look back and make adjustments. That's not dumb, me and my ladies talk all the time lol

14. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']

I just mean on paper keep track of feeding schedules, when u take cuttings, how long you veg, stuff like that. It helps being able to look back and make adjustments. That's not dumb, me and my ladies talk all the time lol[/quote]

Yea I've been keeping some notes like I've always done but I think once it gets going I'm gunna stop righting it down and just try to do it by eye. But ill prolly end up going back to taking.notes haha

15. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']

I just mean on paper keep track of feeding schedules, when u take cuttings, how long you veg, stuff like that. It helps being able to look back and make adjustments. That's not dumb, me and my ladies talk all the time lol[/quote]

Yo man I have a couple questions for you...I'm trying figure out what pot size I wanna end in and how many times you transplanting?

16. Depends how long you want to veg, or the size your plants are going to be. The way I do it is once they root I put them in small cups I like using clear ones so I can see the roots develop and know when to put them into 1 gallon pots for veg. Then I put them into 3 gallon pots when I put them into flower and that's what they finish in. I'm not vegging very long so they don't need a lot of space. I keep them in the 1 gallon pots during veg because my light is small and I have to keep them all as close as I can otherwise I would transplant during veg. To a 2 or 3 gallon pot. If u have the space and wattage I would get them in the finishing pot as soon as possible, also I use coco coir so it's a little easier to transplant than soil imo( I've used both and prefer coco over soil ), so I don't worry about shock too much. Hope this helps

17. Another thing is that you'll. Know when the pots your using are too small when you transplant. Or when you chop them you'll be able to see if the roots need more room to grow when you pull them out of the pot

18. [quote name='"DopestDope13"']Another thing is that you'll. Know when the pots your using are too small when you transplant. Or when you chop them you'll be able to see if the roots need more room to grow when you pull them out of the pot[/quote]

Thanks man. Yea I was gunna wait till the clones root then put them in solo cups. I just wasn't sure if I should go from solo cup to 3 or 5 gal pot. But I'm prolly just gunna go from rapid rooter straight to 3 gal and if they need more in flower ill put them in a 5 gal.

19. Subbed, I plan on doing a setup similar to this after my current grow is done

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Do it then. Sounds like you have a plan. Do you need me to hold your hand while you set up and do what you first posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum