new paint job for $50??

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Finnyfinn, Jan 20, 2012.

1. It will never look as good as a real paint job. Honesty I have seen this done and with the correct prep and enough wet sanding and buffing it came out, looking like a macco job without the oversprey. Basically its good for beater cars. If you are thinking about doing it look into getting a paint gun, compressor and paint. Thats what im doinh and its affordable and looks better than roll on.

2. Yeah, just don't put this much effort into a deathtrap Corvair.....

3. #4 stupidstuff, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    Its not that simple. I hope you know this. You dont just pour it in the sprayer and shoot it. Some paints you mix(two part) And if they are one part you almost always need to thin it, And different paints use different thinners. Also you need to get the thickness right for your temp and dry time. These are things pro painters do in there sleep but are essential to shoot a car and have it not look worse than a rattle can. If you have little or no experience with auto paint then dont waste the money and time to get the equipment to shoot it.

O and there is still the sanding. endless sanding unless you get the mixture just right.

4. Yeah I know. Im no pro but I have painted plenty of parts. Painting the whole car is not difficult so long as you mix it right and lay it down correctly I know how to mix paint and shoot it correctly ect. It takes time to learn but its not to hard to get down. Guns are cheap and some compressors are as well. Trial and error, find some old parts to practice on, that's what I did and now I can lay down an okay paint job.

5. Just remember that it will be the last paint job it ever has, normal paint won't stick afterwards.