New Outdoor Grower, New Strain And Place

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Brandnewlife, May 20, 2013.

1. Hello, I have heard a lot of reputable things about this community and I am in need of some assistance in this whole department so these beautiful ladies can one day see their true potential, needless to say, this is my second time posting on this forum, and this time hopefully in the right section, all in all, this is also my first time doing my own out door grow, and outside of the countless books I read and my prior guided in door experience, I am overall rather ignorant.

Recently I have got some clones of strain called 'Black cherry soda' or cola, the people at the shop where beyond helpful and friendly, told me that this was a popular strain, and can do well in a outdoor grow, factoring my elevation (4k feet) as well as weather conditions. Around here I get decent lighting and great weather with no heavy wind drafts so outdoor is not a bad idea, and this is the strain that was chosen to start it all off with. 

Since I got the clones, a few days ago, I have been gradually feeding them sunlight, roughly 2 to 3 hours a day, then shading them, so far I gently water them once a day, and since I got them I have not noticed any significant schock outside of what the initial transportation entailed.

I am deathly scared that I may lose my girls to any form of general lack of know-how, so any knowledge will be greatly appreciated, I am really excited to meet everyone and I will post pictures soon with my progression, thanks a lot everyone!

2. #2 JaNicPin, May 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2013

3. #3 JaNicPin, May 20, 2013

4. I actually reside in North cal, outside of Redding there are plenty of shops that have this strain in stock, I believe there is a local collective around here that kicked this strain in really high gear and are supplying all the cuts to the local shops, but that just could be a rumor.

The samples I seen of it, it has a gorgeous pink like hue varying to light purple, it really looks like a bird of paradise of nugget, I am super excited to post progression pics, so far my clones are doing well, 2 of them have a bit of crusty leaves on tips of some of the older growth which I attributed to shock and one day I left them out for 3 hours, instead of the normal 2, just to test the overall resilience, it is weird that the gimpiest of the flock are the ones most damaged, some of the stronger ones took the 3 hours of light transition like champs. Needless to say though I have bumped them all back on 2 hours of light daily, since I only got them 3 days ago from the nursery.

Now according to the shop people, this is a Sativa strain that has been bred in more stranger routes then french poodle, so I was wondering when is the best time for me to start nutrients? I was going to give it the 2 week period to adjust to the light, and once it begins to comfortably soak up the sun I will begin the feed then, which brand of nutrients would you guys prefer to use the most?  There is so many on the market, and so much feedback I just have no clue which one to choose.

5. #5 JaNicPin, May 22, 2013

6. I recently begin the feed because I noticed that one of the plants is beginning to look droopy, with some other ones showing yellowing at the tips, I got Earth Juice grow, figured the yellowing is a sign of a lack of Nitrogen, I put half a tea spoon in a gallon and plan on using that every other day and monitor the results, I think I am doing this right so if something is wrong with what you see above, please let me know, most of the things I read have to deal with indoor projects and since I plan on putting these outdoor, figured I would start doing the nutes now while they are still in their small black squares, I got a PH tester so I will make sure the dirt stays at a comfortable 7, I am also still in the phase of where I only expose them to 2 hours of real sun a day, so, am I doing it right?

7. #7 JaNicPin, May 24, 2013