Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New outdoor grow pest control

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cruzroots, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hi all- noob grower here about to try a first time outdoor grow and want to keep it as organic as possible. I'm a Santa Cruz native and cannabis connoisseur for nearly 30 years, finally at a place to give a little home grow a shot. I've been doing a lot of reading in the forums about organic soil mixes, nutes, teas etc, but need a little advice on prepping the area prior to building raised beds and mixing up some organic soil.

I've noticed some aphids and other pests in my yard on some of the surrounding foliage. I was thinking about spraying the yard with neem oil prior to setting up my raised beds and bringing in the soil mix. Is this a good plan? Or should I use something else, or just not worry about it? I've read of using neem cake in the soil mix to help prevent gnats & other soil pests etc from having a feast on the roots, is that enough? I'd like to take care of some of these pests ahead of time to try and provide the best opportunity for the plants to succeed, am I on the right track? Any advice or kick in the right direction or forum would be greatly appreciated!