New Orleans

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Hey City,

I was wondering if the city had any unfortunate members that went through the whole Katrina thing?

I was watching discovery channels special last night and I got to wondering if anyone from the city was affected by it first hand?

2. Unfortunately, I did. I was two weeks into my senior year when it happened. That year was lookin to be the best year of my life but turned out to be one of the worst. My dad busted his ass rebuilding our house, in fact, we were the first people to move back in our house in a 200+ home neighborhood.

3. Did you and your family evacuate before the storm hit?

4. Yes, thankfully. A kid from my old skateshop stayed and had to cut a hole in his attic to get out.

5. I wasnt involved, but my aunt and uncle were killed. They lived just outside of the city, on the banks of lake pontchartrain. She (my aunt, the blood relative) was pretty estranged from my family and I regret it everyday. How silly were her and my father, to have faught over meaningless things, only for both to have left so short. My dad felt like such shit after she passed away, but even hes gone now.

Everyday I think about her, how great it would have been to have a close family member in these times im going through with raising my brother and having to be on my own.

My uncle was an awesome guy too, worked as an inspector on the oil rigs. He took me out on one by helicopter for one of my birthdays when I was a kid.

Aunt and Uncle, RIP

"Crack a quart to get away from this trife world and thought
    Puffin Newports 'cause life's a bitch, and it's too short"
    -Talib Kweli and Dead Prez

6. Sorry if I killed this thread too, damnit.

7. No man, definately didn't ruin this thread.

Thats what I wanted to hear-people who went throught this, weather directly or indirectly.

Sorry for your loss.

8. *BUMP*

People from New Orleans, how are things? How is the reconstruction & clean up going?

9. My cousin lived in Slydell(sp?) and he ended up with 7' of water in his garage. He was lucky it was just a rental apartment.