New new new to growing . Help please

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dankleinman, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Hello all I am very new to growing and have a couple questions. I have been looking around in here a bit but figured I'd just ask . First can you tell the sex of a plant without going to a 12/12 light cycle? The reason I ask is I have a plant that's 5 weeks old and it seems to have started showing male tendencies ( or maybe I'm just paranoid) lol . Here is a pic .
    Also I was reading that the purple in my stocks could either be a nitrogen deficiency or from the temps going to low at night .
    It's a bag seed and it's in a 32"x32" with a valspectera 450 led . I did buy a better light (next light 525 but it was getting the temps up way too high in the tent and I didn't have my fan yet so I went back to the valspecty until I get the 5x5 gorilla up and running .

Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks

Dan

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. It is a boy
    But the good news is that you can feed it honey, apple cider vinegar mixed with some water and some potassium supplement for a month and he ll turn gay and start growing buds

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. The Nextlight 525 is a very good light, but it's not enough for a 5x5 tent. Good luck and welcome to GC. :)

4. Thanks guys that's what I was afraid off( it's a boy) lol....
    I have 2 of the next lights one is a 525 the other is a 525 but it's marked @560 watts.
    I will only have 3 plants going in the 5x5 do you think it will still not be enough. I can run them both if need be .
    Do you have a recipe for the honey mix

Thanks

5. If both lights pull 525 watts you will have plenty. Using a good quality led light (not Chinese blurples) you would need approximately 850 actual watts for the best performance. Good luck. :)

6. Ok so the original plant that I took pics of is over at a friend's house and seems to be doing good . No more signs of balls . The other plants that I started are kind of showing the same thing as far as what appears to be balls but I let one go a little longer and it sprouted leaves . Now I am really confused these are about 7 weeks into veg on a 18/6 schedule in a 5x5 with a next light 525 pulling 546 watts at the wall

Attached Files: