New n First grow journal. 600w 2x4 tent grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nmedub, Dec 30, 2010.

1. decided to start a journal to get as much advice and help as i can.

Iv got 6 plants going in 5g buckets. organic soil.

under a 600w hps.

have no ventilation in my grow tent.

strains are 3x deadhead OG 3x Alien Bubba

Started from clones

Vegged for 20 days

and now theyre on theyre 9th day of flowering.

they seem to be doing great .

just lookin for some help and advice. feel free to drop comments / suggestions.

believe me they are needed.

2. weed plants 2 003.jpg

weed plants 2 006.jpg

i dont know whats up these girls.. theyre BARELY startin to shoot out little white hairs. but then again i have horrible ventilation. and humidity is a big issue.

how big of a deal are those issues?

should they be further along in flowering?

these pictures are at 9 days on 12/12.

jus feel free to let me kno anything u got to say about this.

this is my first grow.lol

Attached Files:

3. cmon peeps. gimme some feedback

4. there on day 10 of flower now. still barely any signs of flower, am i doing something wrong?

5. man im startin to think this site is wack. wheres all ur comments at. man i coulda said fuck the journal and still been doing jus fine.

6. Hey! Nice grow. Organic is the way to go!
    sorry that no one responded.
    You shouldn't worry that sex hasn't shown yet. Give it up to two weeks and for future reference if you put them in a 36hour dark cycle before switching to flower, they show sex faster.
    But you said you got clones and clones are guaranteed females. Clones you received should have shown signs of sex.

Also ventilation is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT! This could definitely be the reason why it's not developing flowers. You should invest some money into getting a nice inline duct fan. You have a great set up just missing the exhaust fan and if you have odor issues get a carbon filter.
    Plants need fresh air and a rule of thumb for growers is that the air in your grow area should be able to be replenished 3 times in a minute so if you're grow tent is 2x4x5 that you will need at least 120cfm fan. This will also help preventing moisture from accumulating resulting in high humidity. You especially don't want that during flowering as it could mold and other big problems.
    I'm restarting soon and my plan this time is to use a 2x4x5ft tent just like yours with a 600w HPS with air-cooled reflector and an 530cfm speed ctrl inline fan with carbon filter.
    Anyways good luck with your grow. I'll keep an eye on your thread to see how things progress.

7. btw do you have a hygrometer? If not you should at least start by getting one of those so you can see what the temp and humidity is like in there.

8. yeah. thx man for gettin me some feedback. i do have a hygrometer. humidity is alwaysbetween 70-80. tempurature isnt really a problem always between 60-75.

theyre showing small signs of sex. little white pistols are starting to shoot out on the deadhead. the smaller plants of the 6.

but for the alien bubba . the bigger 3 plants. idk barely any pistols.....

just a little worried that my grow should be further along in flowering for it being the tenth day already.

but i guess ventilation is probably as a huge role in the setback.

9. leaves up top closest to the light are looking whilted downwards.... did the lift pot test on em. and they still seem pretty heavy. so.... they are about 4 inches from the light. is that too close for them? is this the reason for them being all wilted downwrads. i raised the light anyways to about a foot from the highest part of the canopy.

10. Whoa!! You're flowering and your humidity lvl is that high! You should definitely get a exhaust fan. High humidity does slow down growth.
    And yes your lights are too close to the tops. With a 600w you would put it 6" from the tops if you were using an air-cooled reflector hood. Put your hands where the tops of the plants are and if it is hot than you need to raise the lights. What kind of reflector are using for the 600?

Btw happy new years!

11. Oh yeah humidity should be around 30-35% during flowering. If too much humidity there are higher chances of getting bug problems as well as mold and mildew

12. This is a slow forum in general and journals are slow to get going. Plants look good. Defenitly try to lower humidity through vent. Temps are good although I like 80 for my ladies. What nutes are you using? Are you watching ph? with a good ph meter? They look good now but could suffer from low ph with nutes so its good to track. Just my two cents. Forgive me if I'm telling you stuff you already know. Not sure of your experience?

13. yeah i need to get a exhaust fan in that tent. i kno im fuckin up by not havin one already. but i raised the light its about a foot n a half from the tallest top. hood. im not sure man just the one that came with the light when i pchased it. no ph meter. didnt really know that mattered when it came to soil.

as for my experience. i kinda jus jumped into the growing scene. and im learning more and more everyday.

it blows my mind that im able to get plants as big as mine. but thx for the help guys.

im really strugglin with cash. any other way to brg the humidity down in the tent?
    without going to the hydro store and buying the 100 dollar fan that i need?....

it would have been bought a long time ago. if i had the funds.

any other suggestions.?

14. you need some sort of exhaust fan, raising the lights will only help reduce heat stress to the plants. Don't think heat is the issue here. And the hood you probably have is a batwing reflector so you should keep them about a foot to a foot and a half above the tops, but the best way to tell is to have your hand on level with the tops and see if it hot and adjust accordingly.
    Look for a cheaper one if you can find one. Humidity is accumulating in your tent because there is no real air flow, so with the watering, evaporation, and non ventilation humidity will definitely increase. One thing you shouldn't cheap out on is the ventilation. All your work could and probably will go to waste if you decide to opt out on the ventilation. The plants also need fresh air. It's worth investing. Growing pot in general is a great investment.
    On another note, there is one book that I swear by that you should maybe get. It has all the information you need on growing with detailed pictures. It's by Jorge Cervantes and it is called "Marijuana Horticulture: The indoor/outdoor Medical Growers bible". It costs around 20$ and is a must have in my opinion for all growers. I've read through it and have it with me everytime I grow for reference purposes. I don't have the book right now. Bought 2 copies and both are lost, but I am going to purchase it again soon. You know what that means. yeah!
    Anyways hope you can get some ventilation going in there. Remember ventilation is one of the essentials in being able to grow weed.

15. with you on the skint side pal, ive been building up for years, instead of the 100 note fan the hydro shop has, go to diy/hardware places & just buy any cheap(ish) fans/extractors that will do the job untill you do have funds for the same 1 as your hydro store, but cheaper online.

wont be perfect or as good but will get you thru better or can see all your hard (and good) work up till now end in tragety

still, my longterm saying in life is, i have to do it wrong before i know its right :) and i did do a grow without good ventilation although had fan circulating into the open closet door during the 12hr lights on, altho ended up with some damn lethal yet tasteless smoke that i'll never forget (only as it was my 1st grown) i started with 4 lost 3 mid flower mostly to gnats eating the roots and it took me around 3 mth of not growing & cleaning before i got rid of that dam stinking crawling mutant cant even fly properly fungus gnats (i hate them btw) :)

gl

16. also i forgot, in my closet grow i ended up using a fan that came from a microwave & 2 pc fans to save my 1st ever plant, was a long time ago and still wouldnt wish that grow on any enemys :smoke:

17. hey man!

no updates???
    So how's everything going? I want to see updates!!

18. alright.... been awhil guys..
    havnt been getting on the computer much lately. but i took alot of picss for u guys.
    i beleive they are on day 33 or 34 of flower now.
    personally i dnt think they are where they should be at this far along.
    but lemme kno what u guys think.