New mommy in panic mode :-)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by IvanaGrow, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Thank you for reading my plea for help :)
    what the heck is that on my 13 day old baby's leaf tip? She is an Auto WW. Only on one leaf, no nutes yet, watering with 6.5 water and liquid seaweed only, medium is half happy frog half roots organics in 3 gallon pot, (2) 23 w 6500k CFL's 3" away and Mars hydro 300 24" away. Signs point to nute burn, but not sure.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. i agree with you. it looks like you soil was a little too hot. Is it spreading to other tips? if not, i wouldn't worry about it too much. it'll get used to it pretty quickly

3. thank you. just noticed it tonight, so not sure about spread. will check again in AM.

4. if it is spreading, try flushing your soil very lightly. don't want to drown your baby, but don't want it to fry up, either, so i'd recommend pouring water in, but not really allowing it to pool in the pot. just do it gentle is all. If you must :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. her soil is still a little moist, so I will check it again tomorrow, and when time to water if its spreading give a little extra and try to do a mini flush (so to speak)...yes?
    NEWBIE QUESTION: can overwatering cause brown tips? I am always afraid I am overwatering

6. Yes. mini fllush IMO. and as for over watering, no. Not usually. They just get really sad and droopy looking. To check if it's still moist enough, i stick my finger down the edge of the pot down to my first knuckle. If it feels moist at all, leave it another day. Cloth pots you can just press the bottom and feel if the soil is still wet, but not everybody has those

• Like Like x 1
  7. thank you :) I have been told soak the 3 gallon pot until run off. then dont soak again till pot completely dry. yes/no?