Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New mmj patient w/ ?'s on medicating

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BakedApple, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Thanks for clicking.
    I have recently become a MI mmj cardholder to treat my symptoms of GERD (extreme nausea) but mainly for anxiety.

To the point: I don't want to smoke weed because of the smell and also lung health. I know little about the new vape pens and such, so once I became a holder I chose edibles to treat my symptoms.

That said - After some research, according to everything I've seen - edibles don't seem to target my specific ailments - like it does when smoking? I've noticed that while edibles seem to give an extreme body high - that I'd imagine would be great for those suffering from pain - it doesn't help my anxiety nor does it help my stomach when I'm getting the munchies haha.

I haven't smoked since I was younger but with a fulltime job and neighbors and what not, I keep my patient status between me and my wife and I don't want the smell of smoking being picked up by family or neighbors.

I would imagine tincture would be the same as an edible in the fact that it's more body stone?

Is there a way I can get my medicine and have it target the anxiety and nausea? Some way that wont trigger appetite.
    I am open to vape, but when looking at prices of vape pens or even desktop vapes it does seem a little pricey, both for the rig itself and the medicine. Not to mention smell and lung health. I've seen that vaping can be worse for your lungs than actual smoking? or is that only tobacco?

Is vaping a viable option? Or maybe am I wrong about edibles and they are strain dependant?

2. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads

Both my sub threads have info worth reading so start with them as they are still fairly short and won't take to long to get through.

Tincture is Alcohol based and hits through the oral tissues and acts fast but is short lived much like smoking or vaping is. 5 minutes to take effects but 45-90 minutes duration.

Edibles are the longest to take effect as it's going through the digestion tract and the liver is changing it to hydroxy11 a much stronger form of THC. This can take 2 hours to be felt but lasts 6-8 hours so a much longer period of medication per dosing. Edibles I feel are also the best bang for you Cannabis dollar since you get so much more duration per gram of starting material.

Whether the high is head or body stone depends on the methods and time at high temp being used. My short processing time results in a very head effect edible oil rather then a sleepy body stone the hours long processing most oil recipes call for.

Decarb everything you intend to make an edible or drinkable from. This activates the THCa into THC.
    240 F for 40 minutes. Just material on a cookie sheet in the oven.

5 grams decarbed material. ( Hash, Weed, other concentrates)
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil (any cooking oil works)
    .5 teaspoon lecithin (optional power booster)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freezer (Optional to further soften material)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    Fills roughly 30 (0) capsules @ 100mg each. (Caution this is a big dose )
    A full capsule holds about 25 drops of oil and I'd advise you start with 3-6 drops per cap until you find your personal happy dose.

I use high grade Hash for all my oils but powdered weed works just fine if not quite as wickedly strong.
    BNW

3. Brass,
    Thank you for the quick response. I bought some shake from my dispensary for edibles. I will try the shorter processing time mentioned for the cannacaps and see how that pans out. I will have to order some empty caps first of course but shouldn't be bad.

Thanks again, and i'll post an update once I manage to get around and making them.

4. Both vaping and smoking cannabis (some will argue this) have not been connected to the same respiratory, heart and cancer health risks that come from tobacco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vaporizing cannabis works. use a dry herb vaporizer like the Fury 2 and use 1 gram of herb 10 times to medicate ten different sessions... load .01 each time loosely into the herb chamber and medicate. healthyrips dot com or puffitup dot com ETC
    edit- you can use degummed hemp fiber to add into the chamber and reduce you herb amount ETC... vaping with a quality machine is @ least 85% better @ extracting than smoking.