New MMJ grower lookn 4help on building an effcient closet system w/o breaking the

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cmac253, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys I'm new to the forum and of course I've been doing a small amount of research. I have a closet space with about 3.75ft depth 10ft height and about 11-12ft width I will post pictures with my plans. I was thinking of a pre made tent but idk if it would stick out because I want it hidden as much as I can. I feel it would be worth it to build it myself. I feel for time sakes I want to start with a nrmal grow for the first run then scrog for my second grow. And my buddy used LED for his veg and flower is it more cost efficient to do cool white flos for veg and LED for bud? Some enlightenment would be greatly appreciated

2. Leds pull same amount of electric as floros but pit out way more light the plant can use in the right spectrum, so more light for same amound of electricity and less heat but they cost more , floros only put light the plant can use at about four inchs anything outside that is really to weak a light and will cause ur plants to stretch, id i had the money i would led for my flowering but i would still use cfl 42 watsx2 for my clones or 42wx4 for my moms cfl light goes 2 feet befor diminishing so if two feet from plants no internode stretching

3. And also if u have money for a tent and plannin moving in the next year or two id get it, if ur living their permant id build a custome one in the closet out of 2x4 and panda platic , lots of threads on that here if u go that route

4. Yeah I figured they use that low of wattage its going to be a money saver. The more I read the more convincing it is. Now its whether to purchase from a reliable company or buy the parts myself and make it. I have no experience doing this and I'm kind of skeptical about my coordination especially once I'm medicated. Lol but let me post some pics of the area

5. #6 cmac253, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2013
    The lamp is about 6ft tall and i was completely submered in that pic so i have just under 4ft depth. ill prbly leave the shelf on the right side but knock out the left side completely.

6. Awsome space , if u want a tent an can aford one by all means do it save u remodeling later if ur gunna ever move or sell the house thats the bonus of tents , but the negative is they're a pain to customize . Its all up to you, and hunt around for people who use leds to find a good manufacturer , my buddy who runs the hydro store here went through five grand before he found the right ones which in reality is like he bought from five diffrent companys till he found right ones he uses them exclusivly now, if i didnt already have all hps and only grow breed for my own pleasure id change em to led for sure . But my 100 dollar hps cost bout a hundo a year to operate a peice , 400 watts all 3 of em so when they finally die ill replace with leds just not gunna change for a 600 dollar led atm lol , but also whats ur mo? Personal use for you and ur girl , or Trying produce ? If just for me and my girl for my own stashnid get the biggest tent i could fit in the closet and put a mother slash clone box in the corner and use the rest of the rest of the space for flowering .

7. Mother n clone area should ne 2 feet wide however deep your closet is and however tall .then cut that in half, have the top for clones and moms on the bottom .

8. This grow is going to be mostly for my own personal medication. But I'm also in a great MMJ community where I can donate my excess meds to co-ops and my friends that are patients. I don't know if a SCROG would be possible since I plan on this being a cycling garden but I would like to eventually like to try that theory

9. By cycling you mean perpetual ? In that space you can get almost whatever u want shy of more than two pounds , but if u mean perpetual totally doablewithbscrog and five gall buckets , its actually my setup in progress each five gall will get u a quarter lb and u can do 8 of em to get a half lb every two weeks , more if you co2 .which is what i do in my clone veg room to speed up growth in veg .

10. Also how many strains, that kinda effects the mom room size if your doing perpetual my setup is going ro be as follows . An 4long 2 deep 8 foot cab with bottom five foot for flower , top 3 for mom clones and ballast filter storage area .
    Ill have four moms , 8 clones , and four plants flowering . Ill be using dwc 1 bucket for every two weeks of flower , so ill harvest one bucket every two weeks (8 week strains) i grow all four moms at once select the best of each ten seeds i germinated per strain, i do that by taking 2 clones from each female i end up with, and flowering the mom , smoke the moms rate em and keep the clone of the best smoke of each of my four strains . Then i veg those out for a month . Then i take two cuttings(in case one fails ) and root every two weeks . After two weeks i veg the best rooting clone n toss the other ., and take new clones . Two weeks later into the first bucket To flower goes the first cutting . Every two weeks take a cutting , move previous cutting to veg previous veg to flower and presto you end up with a perpetual havest every two weeks . That is what i think u should do , but double plants and buckets to get a half lb every two weeks . And yes im high as a kite right now sorry i went into jr tolkin detail.

11. Yes perpetual! Haha we if I get more yield then I would like to definetly integrate SCROG into my grow but don't you have to train them in veg? Also Im planning on getting clones from my local
    Co-Op ill stay in the 5-8wk flower range. But Id ideally perfer 2 hyrbids 1 sativa abd 1 indica for moms. Ill determine how many clones ill be housing once I get there but I assume about 10-15. And have u been describing a soil-less system or a hydro? And I'd rather you be Tolkeib than the harry potter bitch lmao jp. I hope once I've got several successful crops in hand then ill feel pro.

12. I liked the Tolkien detail! Very insightful, sir.

13. Lol im oldschool isac asimov kinda guy lol fuck harry potter

14. Yes its a 5 gallon bucket with a very small pump in it that has a tube that goes through the lid and over the netbasket . In the lid is a 4 inch or 6 inch netbasket filled with clay pebbles this is where plant grows , its roots grow down into the bucket thats halfway filled with hydro nutes , and the pump is always on recirculating the water and aerating it . They dont nee a timer almost never fail mine last 3 years usually w good maintence, and one u get hang of em you can leave em for a week before and filling again . I love them

15. Kinda off topic but since we are here tho.... I've been a George Martin fan as of late. A Song of Ice and Fire. Is my shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

16. Shit I was looking at this method a while back. What is It called?

17. And if anyone has a Nute list for this closet grow I would be happy to read it. Although explaining why I need these nutes is something.u can "hop on pop" explain it to me rather.than to J.R.R. Tolkein it lol

18. Recirculating Deep water culture or dwc