New members with red names?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by BYOweed, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Just wondering what this means? I heard red was for Old Schoolers but I see members that signed up oct 2012 with a red colored name?

2. it is old school but it's earned by being given out the owner. not by how long but by how good you are as a poster and community giver i guess you could say.

you have any links to 2012 red names though? jw i've never seen one.

3. are you talking about my name color too? because we're bronze members (payed 10 dollars // you can be silver by paying 20 // gold by paying 30)

heres a real red name

http://forum.grasscity.com/members/45714-junkiedays.html

so i'm not a red name i'm bronze.. junkiedays though is a real red name.

hope that clear it up because i checked that first thread and there weren't any real red names.

4. Oh wow :p

Thought that the bronze membership was actually bronze, was wondering why I never saw a bronze name..

Haha thanks DAVlD

5. Just posting here so you can see the color difference. I could see how it could easily be confused. :smoking:

6. On a similar issue, I had a paid membership and it expired. I want to renew, for some reason I don't understand, but now I can't find the pathway. The closest I've found was through my CP but it wants payment by Worldpay. Can someone point the way?

7. what color do i have?

8. Blue :p Just like mine. I want to get a gold membership soon, mostly to donate to the city. Don't really care for the benefits

9. The actual red names aren't actually just "old school" - they're hand picked by an administrator, but that tends to also be people who have been around for a long time.

As stated, I think you're referring to bronze members who donated $10.

10. yeah, in some old threads from way back in like 2001-2002 there are members that still have blue names.

11. Yeah, you would think it would be bronze, not dark red... That's what led to my confusion

12. Then you'd run into the same problem differentiating between gold and bronze members I think. I would speculate that since you don't see as many of the "real red" names as bronze names, they just decided that a dark red was ok for bronze to keep from people confusing gold and bronze.

I dunno, just guessing.