New Member with a view you may or may not like but its mine

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dope Nose, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hey all been stalking around for awhile and finally signed up. I look forward to many harvests for me to share with you and look forward to all your knowledge to be shared with me. ​

Now my stance on Marijuana

Dealers say they are just keeping users happy. Users are only happy if ignorance is bliss. In reality dealers are the most opressive, capitalist pig vomit this Planet knows. They are the true USERS! They USE Mother Earth to obtain their product, they USE media and social standards to set prices, and ultimately they USE you(the supposed user) to make their profit. LOTS OF PROFIT!!! Profit that our government will never see and therefore making marijuana CONTRABAND.
    Dealers as a whole are making more money than our nations leaders and causing them to spend more money to police drug trafficing. Money that SHOULD be going towards better schools, hospitals, churches and creating more jobs, but because you and all of your friends give your countries money(yes tech. it is theirs) to Dealers, it is not circulating and you are destroying your own nation.
    This is simple economics. most dealers at the high end(not the guy on 110th and Crenshaw slinging dime bags, but his bosses bosses bosses bosses bosses boss) operate out of foriegn countries and thats where that money goes. If this keeps up then marijuana will never be looked at as the peace loving, majestic, MEDICINAL plant that it is and only as what you have made it. CONTRABAND.
    Now, with marijuana being contraband creates an endless struggle by law enforcement to police its trafficing as demand is still there ,this entire forum's existance is a testiment in fact. So the Dealers now have to GANG up to distribute and traffic it leading to more greed and ultimately violence.
    To anyone who has ever bought a bag: You have directly funded murders, gang activity and yes even terrorism to quote a commercial. You have also contributed to the demise of your nation financially.

Now I see one solution and two means to go about it.
    TAXATION AND REGULATION
    Treat it like Alcohol Tobacco or Fire Arms.

1. The American Government has all say with the production, distribution, and posession. You can go buy a bottle of Bombay but it is illegal to have a gin still. You can own a 12 gauge but it is illegal to manufacture your own weapons, you can buy a pack of marlboros but cannot grow a field of tobacco. The government regulates it so that they may tax it.
    If you could go to the store and buy a pack of Sour Diesel brand joints then all of the dealers would be out of business and thus stimulating the economy and decreasing gang activity and violence majorly.

2. Implement a "Farmer's Tax" whereas one may pay a set standard per sq. foot to grow their own provided they do not attempt to distribute for profit.
    I would gladly pay 1000 dollars a year to grow my own marijuana. Especially if it means that my country is a better place for it and that dealers are off of the street.

Do not get me wrong I have paid for pot many many times in this life, but I will never again. This is my vow, until I can buy it in a store and know that my money will stay in my country where it belongs I will not buy it. But until then I will support my own habit. After all my local hydroponics store is american owned lol.​

2. welcome new member!

that is complete bullshit.

sorry buddy, but youre way wrong.

when i buy directly from my growers in asheville, there isnt any murder, gang activity, or terrorism goin on.

and honestly, even if it was all those things, i could care less.

those ideas are more suited to the harder drugs such as coke, heroin, or painkillers,

which ive bought before. shit ive bought opium directly from afghanistan.

protip: if you want to persuade people, dont insult them in bold letters.

you are quite misinformed about current legislation. i have relatives that own their own stills - legally.

i also have relatives (through marriage) that grow their own tobacco.

a thousand dollars a year to grow your own shit?

thats hogwash.

you dont have to pay a tax to make your own beer, why should you have to pay to grow your own pot?

welcome to the city.

3. hell yeah scoobydoo couldnt have said it better myself.. that and im too stoned :smoke: .. "welcome to the city" that was great

4. Looks like your view is flawed: Owned my scooby.

Welcome to the City. :)

5. first of all I did not insult anyone, if anything you insulted me. Second I said these are MY views. I am not trying to persuade anybody to anything just stating my stance.

Also dig a little deeper about the stills and tobacco my friend, it is illegal in many states. The key word was REGULATION. Why do we have the ATF?

If you buy from a private grower then by all means that does contradict my point but as with ANYTHING there are exceptions. my post was a generalization. BUt it feeds the point that it is not government regulated and you buying it is not stimulating the economy.

PS- YOU DO PAY TAX TO MAKE YOUR OWN BEER. YOU NEED BE 21 BY AMERICAN LAW TO PURCHASE KITS BECAUSE THEY PRODUCE ALCOHOL! AN ALCOHOL TAX IS IMPLEMENTED ON TOP OF SALES TAX. IF YOU MAKE YOUR OWN KIT YOU ARE ALSO PAYING TAX ON EVERY PIECE OF EQUIPMENT AND INGREDIENT YOU BUY!

I also never said that 1000 should be the going rate, just that I would be wiling to pay it if thats what it took.

I hope the rest of my time here isnt spent being attacked because of my beliefs. I think they call that persecution in most places. For a forum comprised of stoners you guys are very agressive and closed minded, no offence

6. calm down im just a dickhole.

yeast doesnt require an alcohol tax.

yea i understand.

but the economy shouldnt even enter into it.

each summer i go out and (with the help of many heads) pick enough dandelions to make a dozen-plus bottles of wine.

i dont pay for a single ingredient, i trade with my friends.

i think growing weed should treated the same (for personal use only).

i believe the distribution of marijuana (along with all other drugs) should be regulated the same way as alcohol,

so we're in agreement there.

7. I know theres no alcohol tax on yeast but there is on brewmaster type kits because its intended to produce alcohol.
    well I definetly agree that marijuana should be a free trade for personal but im thinking realistic and its not going to happen that way. IF the government did step in, think of the potential on export as a cash crop. I'm trying to think like an activist not a pot head, legalizing would be so good for our country that its really hard to see why it isnt legal. Anyways Im glad we're on the same page to an extent. good to be at the city.

8. I hope the murders I help facilitate go straight to god damn Alaska.

9. Yep, we're all just a bunch of terrorists here.

10. why not?

you can make your own non-spirited alcohol for personal use but you can't sell it for profit unless you have a special license.

i think pot could be the same way.

11. i think you watched the movie Alphadog a few times too many, i know growers in my area that grow marijuana and they most definently aren't involved in any organized crime, terrorism, or gang activity... oh and they haven't murdered anyone

12. Posting in boring thread... *sigh*

13. not all dealers are scum, and the government should go screw themselves, if they aren't already. however, anybody should be allowed to grow weed, as anyone may grow tomatoes. is it wrong to grow my own tomatoes, or buy a dimebag of tomatoes that my friend happens to grow? and if they make tomato growing illegal, is it my fault if a bunch of tomato dealers start engaging in bad acts. what if that's the only way i can currently get my tomatoes?

14. Alright I know not all dealers are scum and I know that not all growers are scum. You are all thinking too small, I'm making generalizations based on facts.

Twenty Sack Jack might be the most generous man alive slinging bags to buy christmas presents for his six kids but his supplier his suppliers supplier...see where I'm going here? Most of the marijuana isn't private grower stash, its mersh, schwag whatever you want to call it, its grown cheap and sold to us by scum either directly or indirectly for way more than its worth because we keep buying from them since its the only way other than to grow it ourselves.

My main issue isnt even with that my main issue is that when our money is spent on contraband it leaves circulation therefore bringing down our quality of life. Try and see a bigger picture here, Skywalker you obviously hate the government so why not take steps to change it rather than saying for them to go screw themselves?

By me not buying weed, at least one brick in the wall is being rattled somewhere. Twenty five bucks every couple days is staying in the country going towards new schools and hospitals. We as humans are individuals, but a single person cannot make a big enough change.

If nobody bought weed that wasnt taxed then there would be less gang activity and violence, anyone is a fool to dispute that. My point is our country would be a better place for it because less money would need to go to law enforcement, our dollars are staying here increasing their value and the government WOULD eventually step in to regulate Marijuana trade bringing even money more here.

I have kids, I don't know about any of you, but I'm about making a life that's better than this for them. The American Trade Deficit $9,405,738,960,230.52.

If you dont already know thats really bad.

US Debt divided by 304.3 Million American Citizens: $30,909.47

REALLY BAD!

By not sending our money to foriegn dealers, our money will stay in circulation and can go towards creating more jobs and improving quality of life. Money spent on law enforcement can also be redirected at a more productive cause like schools. And if/when the government does step in and tax it, it would surely be a heavily exported cash crop again adding to our nations welfare.

But the way I see it the only way it will ever be legal is when the war on Marijuana is won. Until it CAN be regulated It will not be legal. And as long as we support street dealers who are in turn supporting their dealer who is in turn supporting his dealer supporting his dealer, it cant be regulated.

The war on Marijuana will never end unless we end it. I'm surrendering the war but not without a negotiated surrender. The states recognize a Marijuana tax stamp so why not use it? Simply put, I'm not buying my weed anymore until its government regulated. I refuse to support the downfall of my country. I only smoke what I have grown since the late 90's and if all smokers were self sufficient in their habit or the government did implement a tax distributing it themselves then this would be a better place to live for us and for our children.

And will somebody please tell me what the fuck Alphadog is?

15. what about dealers who are making tons of money with which they definitely stimulate the economy by purchasing outrageous material possessions?

and getting weed from a store isnt going to stop the widespread gang violence spurned by the more lucrative drugs.

so, its not gonna be a safer world until all drugs are regulated.

16. Yeah man, I agree... it's the people smart enough to take advantage of a system that does nothing but create a profit margin for them to capitalize on who are the real enemy! :rolleyes:

Wake up man, those taxes you're talking about do you think they're really going to be used in your interest? Do you really think that it's the dealers pointing out the faults of the system who should be antagonized?

We're the little men being erased.

17. interesting way to start your presence on grass city.

welcome man.

im not even going to try and bring up a point or argument. lol

18. dope nose. you make some good points. but i blame the govt for making it the way it is. anyway welcome to the forum.

19. ok scooby so you mean to tell me that in all of the high profile, high dollar Marijuana deals that have gone on, that no one ever got killed? Hell, I grew up in Compton I've seen someone stabbed in their neck over trying to drive away not paying for a ten sack. So if this isn't happening then the world isnt a safer place? I fail to see your logic, my friend. Obviously harder drugs are bringing on harder problems for nickle and dime deals but when hundreds of pounds are on the block the result is the same. Am I wrong?

20. Wow. Just... wow.

If you're opposed to drug money going overseas, I would imagine you'd be in favor of American growers distributing USA-made product around the country. When I sell a pound of pot, the money that I make directly supports my local economy. I do not price gouge, I sell a quality, handmade product for a very reasonable price.

You yourself mentioned the ridiculous national debt. Why would you think the government would be able to handle the extra tax dollars they would get from regulated cultivation when they can't handle thier money as it is?

P.S. I'm not being confrontational, just trying to get a better idea of your views.