Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New member with a question

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by shovelhead, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Hi I'm a newbi with a question about medical maryjane and income taxes. Not sure if this is the right forum for this question but since it dealt with medical stuff I'll post my question. Please point me in the right direction if this is not the right forum.

QUESTION:

As far as I know a tax payer can claim medical expenses when filing income taxes at the end of the year if: (1) if doctor prescribed (2) if tax payer meets the required medical expenses per income.

Has anyone claim the expense(s) for medical maryjane and all expenses that are taxed? Can I claim this medical expense(s) when filing my local state income taxes, since our state legalized it for medical use?

Dave

2. No. Right under your number 1 is the answer. Medical Marijuana is not "prescribed", it's recommended.