Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New Member. Question about getting a medical card.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Mike7350, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hello there! Been using marijuana for a few years now and I'd like to explore getting a medical card, so I don't have to keep relying on friends to buy it for me. I had a few question's about getting the actual card. I've been reading up on the steps you take to get it and I have a little problem lol. So lemme start by saying I use marijuana for my extremely bad anxiety, and sleep problems. Without it I get anxiety attacks easily and doing things as simple as ordering food inside a restaurant . or even calling and ordering food is just something I'm uncomfortable doing, and it just makes me nervous, or even shopping in crowded places. However if I take a few hits of a pen or a bowl, I have NO issues talking to anyone, anywhere and that's barely smoking any at all. I work night shift so I don't have to deal with customers even, and can really only get through the day because, well, a paycheck is a necessity, although I never come to work stoned out of my mind, I just take a quick hit and that's usually all I need for my shift, and nobody would even be able to tell the difference on days I don't smoke before work. I guess what I'm asking is, I have no doctor I see regularly, and I don't have a therapist or anything like that, so there's nothing like on paper that I have these problems solely on the fact I'm just way too uncomfortable going to someone to talk to about it. Is it possible to get a card without these things. A coworker said you just have to pay the 200 or whatever for the doctor person to approve you, and they use it to get your files...? but does it just mean I'm a lost cause without getting a therapist or doctor first? I live in Maryland, and it isn't recreation-ally legal here, only prescription. It just sucks not being able to go get it like other's can and I feel like my friends only think I wanna hang out to get weed. Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ask your friends that already have cards what the process was like and what they used as a medical condition.
    In California it's a rubber stamp and I don't think anybody ever got refused. :)
    Tell them it relieves your menstrual cramps. LMAO.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. well I’m a man...so not really sure that will pass. I was just trying to see if I could even start the process of getting a card without medical records

4. <-- Figured you were but in this day and age you can use it and not be challenged on it. :) Whacky world but it is what it is.
    " I identify as Female transgeniticsomethingorother"
    I never had to actually produce any medical records.
    It's almost always a new Cannabis Doc every year as they open and close like crazy. Here one day and gone the next.
    BNW

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mike, I may have some experience in your area. You get your card?

6. in new mexico a doctor comes to the dispensary. they ask several questions over a 5 minute period or so and it was a 50 dollar charge for the card nothing more. it was very simple

7. You can get your card for telling them insomnia and anxiety. Or depression and pain. Or lack of appetite. Or even the rainbows bend backwards to you and normal to everyone else.

BUT if you, and I mean only YOU don’t take steps to control these problems marijuana will not fix it. It masks issues and potentially compounds them.

As I child/teen I smoked and it made it harder and harder for me to contribute to society. I stopped for about ten years. Did the drinking thing. Did the therapist thing. Didn’t the integrative medicine thing. Did it all and nothing helped. Got back on the weed and now after my journey for insight and relief I had all the tools needed to manage getting through my days and actually enjoying them.

I have my med card for the simple reason I can’t get fired from my job for failing a piss test. That’s all it’s good for in my situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. you can LITERALLY get your card for ANYTHING.......if you got the$$$$$$$$$ youre gettin ur card......PERIOD

9. It is really just about money. Even in FL I went to the doctor with $275 and 9 business days later could buy.

10. #10 old shol4evr, May 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    delete