New Member,... Have A Question.

Discussion in 'General' started by mapmaker2, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Greetings Everyone:

This is kind of a short introduction and I'm not sure if this is even the correct place for this type of thread. Anyway, here goes:

I just joined the group and I'm looking forward to meeting you and exchanging tales, experiences, and to be very honest,... I'm hoping to learn as much as possible about growing; both indoor & outdoor. And, from what I've read so far, I'm excited as heck about being a member.

My first of many questions is:
    when a member writes [+rep] somewhere in the posting,.... what exactly does that stand for? During my readings, I've seen that phrase quite a bit.

I'm starting to learn my way around this forum and I'll try to complete the user profile ASAP.
    Thanks (in advance) for answering my question,
    Steve in Tucson

2. you can add or subtract reputation from someone and it adds up to those green bars over your username, or subtracts if you get negative rep.

3. Welcome!!

You will find an absolute wealth of infomation from experst from across the globe, now I wouldn't consider myself an expert but feel free to direct any indoor growing questions at me and I will do my best to answer!.

As for the rep read this and you will be on your way to a good time here at the city.

4. Welcome to the city, enjoy your stay

5. Welcome. You came to the right place.

6. Welcome man. Im pretty sure they already answered your question on the rep thing. Hope you enjoy the city bro

7. Thanks for the reply's and the welcoming.

If there's just one book you could recommend for reading material (on growing), which book would that be? OR, from what I've seen already from browsing through this site, I may not even need a book. There's a wealth of info here. This might be better than a book.
    Some of the photos that are posted are fan-super-tastic. If I can produce a crop that's even a fraction of what these look like, I would be a happy newbie.

Does anyone know if "Buy Dutch Seeds" is reputable company? Is there a company you can recommend, to purchase good seeds?
    I'm gonna be starting from scratch, in the attic over my garage. A guesstimate would be (10' x 10' x 6' high). I'll be carrying everything up a ladder to the grow room.

If this thread should be in some other catagory of the forum, let me know where it needs to be moved to.
    Thx for any help you can give to this new newbie gardener,
    Steve in Tucson.

8. Honestly, if you read the forums and FAQs, you don't really even need to buy a book. Search Amazon for "cannabis grow" and you'll probably find some useful texts, if reading is your thing :)

9. Gee, I might be off base, but as a wild guess just MAYBE the section called 'Marijuana Growing' ?

Sorry, I'm just getting tired of people not bothering reading the rules or the forum descriptions.

10. My apologies Oldskool, and to everyone else also.
    I promise,... I will read the rules and attempt to stay within the appropriate categories when posting.
    BTW,... you have some outstanding crops,... and photos.

regards,
    mapmaker2

11. Sorry, didn't mean to be that gruff, there's just been a lot of off topic posting lately. You'll get plenty of help in the Growing Sections.

In fact, when you do start a thread with specific questions after you've done some research, PM me to alert me to it's presence and I'll chime in.

Peace.

12. Check out the 'Marijuana Growing' forums, read the stickys in each section (threads at the top), and you should have a decent base of knowledge from there.

Welcome to the city, bro!

Happy Growing! :wave: