New member and journal

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CingGreen, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Hello grasscity,
    I just wanted to say though I am new here I have been getting information here for quite some time. Ya'll seem to have a sweet little community here.  So basically, thank you.  Keep up the great work.  Anyway,  I am sorry I am not starting from the very beginning but I shall do my best to fill you all in.

Seed stock: Randoms
    Soil: Happy Frog
    Light: 1200W LED multispectrum 20/4 light periods
    Garden area: 4' 9" x 4' 9"
    Pot size: 2 gallons
    Nutes: Pure Blend Pro Grow/Vegitative
    Water:  Tap/PH 7.4/PPM 260 stored in 55 gallon res with air stone
    Environment: 78 degrees max during day/68 low at night
    Exhaust:  6" inline 440cfm

All seeds were germinated with the paper towel method at above 90% success rate and then put into jiffy pots.  They were transplanted into 2 gallon pots today at 21 days old.

For people that have never used LEDs, the grow room is actually not this red tinted from the light.  It does have a slightly red tint but the camera makes it look VERY exaggerated. Also,  please feel free to introduce yourself and offer advice.  If you see anything interesting and you would like a better image of please ask.

Attached Files:

2. Sorry, I just saw the newbie forum and since I am a noob I thought I would help noobs by starting here.

3. #4 M3DICIN3MAN420, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
    It's all good man. Shit at least you knew where you were putting it some people just throw threads up in any category lol.
    Looking good by the way. How long you plan to veg?

4. Thanks man, I was really trying to put this in the right area.  I know it could be in indoor grow journals and should ultimately be moved there,  but thanks.  My ultimate goal is to flower in 5 gallon smart pots.  As for veg time I have read multiple things.  Count nodes,  Measure height....since strain is unknown it is hard to know for sure. I am like grasscity's sues-(sp?) grower.  Please offer anything to maximize my effort.

5. Veg time is however long they grow before you flower. Keep in mind they'll get 2-3 times bigger once you flip to flower. It's all good I think my first journal was in absolute beginner's. 5 gal smarties will get you some nice sized plants.
    Be sure to top them and LST that'll help yields for sure.

6. I got that veg is just before 12/12 but I am looking for a realistic time for how long I should judge veg before flower in 2 gallons before 12/12 to maximize flowering.  I know you can't say for sure cause its all on judgement....kinda, but that why I include pics.  The store owner said 4-6 plants should make it through my selection process to flower. Is that about right to max yield in my grow area?  I am willing to buy supplement lights.  Thank you.

7. always have liked the way the pics look from being taken under led lights.. decent looking plants!!

as for the info your looking for.. your going to hear alot of different answers , so know exactly what they are talking about, and some believe they know exactly what they are talking about.. with me, im going with gut feeling over alot of things.. although having educated opinions are excellent to have to take into consideration... wish ya the best of luck with these guys, im gonna try to keep peeking in on them if your able to keep pictures coming!

8. here is a couple pics of my girls from tonight, 12 days old, short and thick

7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

9. Those are some nice looking plants,  are those 1 or 2 gallon pots?  I will check out your journal if you have one.  Thank you for commenting and nice to meet you.

10. Looking good man. Personally I think 1.5 ft is a good point to switch over to flower. Really depends on how big you want to grow them. Do you want to invest a couple more weeks for higher yields? Or get them done sooner and have a little less? With how many plants you have I would suggest using 3 gallon ending pots and veg for 5-6 weeks judging by their size at 3 weeks. That's all just a bullshit suggestion from a newbie grower though. Nice grow man, I'll sub up.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

11. You mentioned you wanna finish in 5 gal pots is that your plan for this grow or are you sticking to the 2 gals?

12. I do have a lot of plants right now, but since it is random seeds half won't make the cut.  I was still planning on 5 five gallon pots to flower.  I was thinking of pre sexing them from cuttings once they were big enough so I don't waste any more time/space/nutes/money once "the show" starts.  That also brings up another question.  Should I start training them before I presex or just wait until I know for sure.  I was thinking of topping or FIMing with a sccrog but that is all still open for discussion. Further more when picking who makes the last cut, should I try and pick the ones that are more indica dominate?  Will trying to grow sativa and indica cause problems with my scrog do to height differences?  Or will adequte training be enough to keep the canopy level?  Thank you all for your interest and help.