Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[NEW] Medical Marijuana in Brazil - TV report

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jajael, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Hi there!

I'm from Brazil and here, "pot" is a crime and it's seen by everybody like something from hell. Since I started smoking, I began to research a lot about the subject.

I've seen almost all the docs about it and now I'm on my way to become a real activist for the cause. I just read the Jack Herer's bible and now I'm trying to translate it to Brazilian Portuguese in my blog (accepting help from all the Brazilian cannabis comunity) and I'm also adding some extra info about its history in Brazil, wich is very peculiar.

My point in this topic is to show a 1 minute video on the youtube about a TV report about MMJ usage in Brazil. It's very short although very impressive. So I had the idea of making English subtitles to spread it around the world (with English subs it's easier if someone wants to translate it to French, Spanish or w/e).

Here is the video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvTU6mNV0nA"]YouTube - Medical cannabis in Brazil (with subtitles)[/ame]

And here is the description about it:
    Well, this is one of my tries to make a change about that hypocrisy.
    Is it really impressive or I just over-reacted?

Thanks in advance for all of those who read it entirely.

:hello:

2. Good for you! I applaud your efforts, and the efforts of all of you who do what you can for the cause. :hello:

3. Thanks man! =)

4. Thank you so much for taking up the responsibility of being an activist! :hello: You have become one of the people who are actually changing the world for the better!

May I offer you some assistance in educating the doctors and everyone else in Brazil? See the "MMJ Studies" link in my sig below? Just click it and READ! :D

Of course, that is just the "small" January list. I also email out a much larger version- see the very bottom of my sig for the address. It's free.

And every one who gets the emailed list will automatically get the BIG Summer 2010 list that comes out this August- 420 pages of medical studies and articles! :eek:

The only way we can change people's minds about cannabis is by educating them with real medical facts backed up with the studies! Also, most studies have an "abstract" a short version of what they did, and what happened. Most are easier to read than the study. After you finish with Jack's book, you might want to translate a few of the more important abstracts.

You picked one of the very best books to translate! I just wanted to say thank you for doing the translating! :)

Granny :wave:

5. Dude, thanks a lot for your reply, that kind of stuff that gives me more strength!

What you said about the studies is very nice and I'm already translating some studies
    actually...

On my blog, wich contains translations of the JH's book, I'm also posting some studies about the MMJ and also explaining how most of the stuff that we see in the internet here in Brazil is so stupid.

I know none of you understands portuguese, but anyway, here is the link: O imperador está nu - Tudo o que não querem que você saiba sobre a maconha está aqui. (The emperor wears no clothes - Everything that no one wants you to know about weed is here)

Our midia is totally fucked up, people here still use arguments such as:

-smokers tend to steal stuff from their houses to support their addiction
    -if you smoke, you will waste your life and there is no going back
    -marijuana is a family destroyer
    -it leads you to cocaine and then to crack

etc

People here are NOT open minded, except by the activists or some of the "intelectuals". But the majority doesn't care about the usage of MJ, but are totally against the legalization or any law flexibility. Anyway, I could write a million words about our situation, it's sad.

If I get to really translate the entirely book (not by myself, of course), it's gonna be a big stuff in the scene, I hope so.

Thanks a lot for your support and sugestions, I won't forget about your studies, I just can't say now when I will ask you them, I've been too busy.

I'm planning to translate other stuff and spread it on the internet.

If any of you thinks that the video is really "bizarre" (in a good way), try to spread it around the people you know.

See ya! :smoke: