New Medical Cab Bag seed 125W CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Tripsick, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Nice man.

Is the 250 watt from ebay. I see them going for 59.95. Right around the time you are ripe i should be starting. Your my labrat lol.

/hug

2. yeah that is the same CFL they have them in dual spec, 6400k, and 2700k. they ship from Canada and it only took about week to get here.

3. Hey m8. Is your exhaust connected to a thermostat, or does the fan run constantly?

4. 24/7 for the exhaust so all smell is removed

5. #25 Tripsick, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2009
    Update.
    This is the 2nd Female and she really smells great Fuel and Pine/skunk ....
    [​IMG]
    looking great
    [​IMG]
    This is the first female and she smells like something died /skunky
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a few cloudy trichs =)
    [​IMG]:hello: 5 weeks of Flowering

6. Man! Those babies are lookin' nice and juicy! Sugar frosted bud! Tasty!:D

Good - no - great job!:hello:

7. #27 Tripsick, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    5 Weeks into Flowering
    :cool:

update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ok im subscribing. cant wait to see the harvest mmmmmmmmmm

9. sexy pics! those whores are suckin up all that light!

10. Great photos m8.

I've started my cab and modeled it after yours. Instead of the Vortex blower, I am using High Octane PC fan. It is adjustable and the package says 110 cfm. That should be enough? The cab has the same depth as yours but the width is 1 inch shy of your measurement. Height measures 40 inches. I thought about cutting a center section out of the top of the cabinet to allow me to recess the light and give more plant grow room. But maybe later lol.

From what u can tell so far, is the 250watt putting out what your 6x42's were?

K, back to work... i've got about 2 days to finish this project.

If I could figure out who stole my digi camera i'd go get it and journal the cab build.

Thanks for posting your setup.

11. hey

1. great setup overall design and execution! This is def top notch! good job + rep + respect
    2. ?do you have the intake attached to your carbon scrubber so that air is drawn through the scrubber into the inline fan then through you exhaust vent, it appears so from the pics but i just want to make sure:p
    3. in the pics i saw some bottles that appear to be a DIY CO2 thingamazoo! Details please sir!!!!!!

everything looks tight man, im suscribed and wanna see how this comes out

be well and safe growing

Bp:cool:

12. I was also wanting to ask about the bottle. I could see Co2 written on it.

If you look at his photo's he has a blower on the shelf above his box to suck the air.

My scrubber just came in today, i'm wondering if i can hook it up so it sucks though instead of blowing. I fucked up and bought a reccirculating type.

13. #33 Tripsick, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009

Yup I pull air through the scrubber so it pulls the smell and heat out of the cab.
    plus it has that outside white fiber filter to help protect the carbon in the inside. basically collects the dust because your cab becomes a vacuum with the negative pressure you create.

Passive intakes at the bottom of the cab is where the fresh air comes in.

Yeah the Co2 gen is just warm water Sugar Yeast and a pinch of baking soda.
    Yeast Eats the sugar and breaths out Co2. then i run the air line to one of the plants so it gets the driect blast of Co2...

but with as fast as the air is changed out inside my box i doubt its doing anything...
    :eek:

DIY CO2 Generator:
    2 liter bottle: or what ever works for you.
    1 cup of sugar: Place sugar in bottle
    Add Warm water 3/4 the way up the bottle
    let sugar dissolve in water. shake well or let sit for 15 mins and shake some more.
    add a pinch of Baking soda
    then add Active Yeast about 1 teaspoon shake it up.
    i add a air line to the cap and hot glue or silicone it onto place and then i can direct to what ever part of the plant i want.

With in an hour or so you will see bubbles coming up and that means its working.

Too hot of water will kill the yeast.

This mixture will last about 14 to 21 days and then i just empty rinse and repeat... but if you give it a shake at 14 days and its still producing a lot of bubbles you can go until it doesn't anymore.
    Adding sugar will just give the yeast more to eat and that will make more Co2.

Warning: don't put on an air tight cap as you may make a large mess - Contents under pressure may Explode.

Hot Glue seems to rule for this micro stuff...

Velcro and duct tape are always good to have around.

Thanks for the replies

14. #34 Tripsick, Jul 17, 2009
    a little update. Getting close to 6 weeks of 12/12 and in two days they will be 10 weeks old:cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:smoking:

15. omg *drooling* yea im about to start a grow in a space just a little taller than this and i am going to have 2 of the 200 watt cfl bulbs. one 6500k the other 2700k. i love how just the 2700k 250w u have is doing 2 plants. i plan on using both of the 200w lights at the same time with 1-2 plants ScrOG..... and boy do you have me sooo anxious to move so i can start it!!!! :D:D:smoking::smoking:

16. Nice pictures again man.

Hope you don't mind all the questions, but u seem like you know what your doing. So, let me ask....

What strain would you recommend for a first time grower attempting to grow in a cab identical to yours?

I was thinking the easier the better, and I hear NL #5 or Blueberry would be a good place to start.

What do you recommend?

17. #37 Tripsick, Jul 17, 2009
    i just look for short to medium plants and something i can control by light cycle.

Blue Cheese is what i'm going for next and some Super Lemon Haze.

i used the Attitude seed bank and got a nice selection.

i used the pic and mix selection and got no more than 2 seeds each. they added some freebees to my order and i got some auto flower pakastani ryder to see how they work out.

best thing to do before you buy seeds is get your cab setup and get you temps set correctly and make sure you can maintain those temps for 24/7. after that you just grow

=)

18. Seeds 7 days from the date of order

[​IMG]:hello:

19. #39 Tripsick, Jul 17, 2009

The 250 has just been in a little over a week before that is was 1 single 125w.
    and i think that was enough light for what i was doing... but you know more is always better
    until heat becomes a problem.

i was minutes away from going to 150hps. i know it would be more efficient at what im going for but i figure may as go the CFL route for now since i have all stuff and even some backup bulbs... and one day it may just be a room for a few Moms and call it good and move to a large flowering room.

i havent slept in a few days i hope everything makes sense.... :eek:

20. Thanks for the info. I had been looking at HighGradeSeeds, but i'll check out attitude as well. I'm going to start a journal today. I hope you can check it out if you get a chance, it's modeled after yours :)