New Mars II 1600 Advantage

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GThumb17, May 24, 2018.

1. An update!

I took one of my new Mars II 1600 "Advantage" LED's over to my buddies Noah and Kevin in Boulder... they are the dudes that ARE Black Dog LED's.

And we went mad scientist and checked the PAR numbers and energy consumption rates....etc.

Let's just say Mars took GREAT liberty with their PAR readings. The BTU's was off considerably, the color spectrum was accurate as advertised (but no UV, which Black Dog has) That said...the boys at Black Dog said they were impressed with the new unit, especially for the price. They were pleasantly surprised to see Mars had removed the glass (in imitation of their design) and that the power usage numbers were accurate. Good solid construction... Ok warranty (nowhere near as good as Black Dogs)...

Bottom line they said I would be quite pleased with my new units.... especially compared to my former HPS set up.

Then said...when I'm ready to step up to the "big leagues"...they'd hook me up.

So it's a win win...

Just popped new seeds...when the mothers are big enough...I'll clone and take these babies for a test drive. I'm stoked!!!