New lip piercing?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by NeverCryAgain, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I just got my first facial piercing :D freakishly excited about it xD I usually don't smoke cigs, so thats not an issue, but when can I smoke weed again? I love tokin it up with my friends around my bong. If you do smoke, you are supposed to rinse your mouth out with mouthwash, but because my friends and I can take hours to properly smoke, and i don't want it getting infected and impair the healing, so when can i smoke? And don't tell me that i can't until its healed. That would make me sad :(

2. I would right after but that's just me. I smoked like 30 minutes after getting my tongue pierced.

3. Did it take longer to heal? or did it heal just fine?

4. Healed just fine man. Just keep it clean with some mouthwash and you'll be good.

5. Use non-alcoholic mouthwash and/or rinse well afterwards with water, which you should be doing regularly anyways.
    Just remember it's a fresh wound; how well does a smoke filled wound do? Keep it clean.

6. yeah, whatever you do, DO NOT accidentally use mouthwash that contains alcohol. i have snakebites, got them both done at separate times, and smoked all through both healing processes. listerine zero is what i use and always have. but still, use mouthwash at some point. it's not like much smoke gets in and irritates it, because the back piece of any lip jewelry is enough protection, even if you have something circular in rather than a stud. good luck :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. As a rule of thumb, alcohol will increase swelling and smoking will increase healing time. As others said use mouthwash with no alcohol, rinse after eating or smoking but don't go crazy. Continue to use your aftercare products, (sea salt soak, h2ocean, saline solution) and most of all don't touch it.

The fun part is tryin to learn how to comfortably hit a bong with a new lip piercing

8. I just got my labret done. For the first week I used a dry pipe. After that, I switched back to my bong like normal. ✌️