New LED lights vs. HPS

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ShadowMonkey, Nov 25, 2016.

1. #1 ShadowMonkey, Nov 25, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    It looks like LED lights have gotten better and better over the last couple years. Can you get a decent grow with an LED light veg thru flower or does the HPS lighting still have it beat? Any really good success stories out there with LED growing? It seems like it would be so much easier than venting and bulbing but if the crop is going to be 50-75% better, stronger, larger then I guess the HPS would be worth the extra hassle.

2. as long as you get the right spectrums, it'll be fine. the main problem comes down to money. HID systems are cheap and very effective, where as LED are expensive as hell, with varying effectiveness. I don't have money for LEDs, so i just went with the tried and true.

3. Thanks Hoodie. Nothing wrong with tried and true. It just seems like such a hassle with the heat and the bulbs and the venting etc.

4. If you really want to grow,you have to do for what is necessary!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. True Dank, but also I would like to streamline what is not necessary...

6. LED's all the way.....simple MarsHydro 300w(180w) start to finish, Bomb Seeds Cherry Bomb autoflower,71 days sprout to chop, yield was 225 grams dry!

71_CherryBomb.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Another LED only grow. A Mephiso Genetics Grape Crinkle. 3.5 gallon DWC. Also 71 days sprout to chop. Grown under 1 MarsHydro 300(180w) and my DIY Cree cxb3590 COB fixture (100w at the wall) for a total of 280w's of LED.

GC2_day70_3.jpg