New led light help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sterno07, Jul 8, 2017.

1. I just received a sylvania led light from a buddy who said he never got to get started growing. I'm currently on my 3rd cfl grow. I have 4 lights for veg and 4 for flower in cfl. 125, two 65s and one 42. I was wondering if this light was any good for one and 2 I was wondering if it would be worth replacing my 42w veg light. Here is a couple pics of it. One being the information on the bulb. I've searched quite a bit online and can't find much about par lights and very little on this specific light. Any advise or info will help!!! Thanks

Attached Files:

2. If you look real close it says 17 watts. I'd keep the 42 watt. Or just add it as side lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. From what I can read watts in led are different than cfl. That's what had me confused. And from the looks that led is 10x brighter than cfl. That's why I came here for advise from you guys.

4. Led vary but even at double draw from the wall. 34 w equivalent ish.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

5. Oh ok. Sorry for the misinformation. Haven't done much research on leds

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Say its 200w draw at the wall, its will be around 400w equivalent ish.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

7. If you take off the diffuser and had about 4 of em I'd rock those over cfls. Dont get me wrong ive grown with cfls and they r nice for veg i have 4 65w ones and only use 2 of em but it would get so hot so i had to use extra fans. I just recently switched to led for veg and having pretty good results. I diy'd my led light but was looking at the ones u r showing and make a concoction of those led bulbs. They r decent id add it in and try to replace your cfls one by one