New led growlight

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Goingtomars235, Dec 27, 2017.

1. I just ordered a 900 watt viperspectra led grow light from amazon..does anyone have any experience with this co. Or light? I figured for 279.00 it was a pretty good deal and since my growtent is a vivosun 2x4 tent the fit seemed right..would anyone care to chime in on what I'm doing?..want to concentrate on autos, but was thinking of PREHAPS sativas if it was possible to grow to about 2 feet tall and flip to 12-12.

2. If you can..cancel and look around..Vipars are not that great, even at the lower end..(would be lucky to pull maybe 400w actual)
    I like these at the same (or even lower) price point..I Have two Meizhi 450's and they are great for the $$ as is Meizhi CS. I would think the Meizhi 900 will pull about 425w or so
    MEIZHI 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydroponics Indoor Plants Veg Bloom IR | eBay

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ok will cancel order..I'm trying to do things right, but I guess I'm not doing too well....damn

4. Don't blame yourself..study and word of mouth is the name of the game..Good Luck Growing..BTW: If offered, I would get an extended warranty on any of these imports..cheap insurance..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you very much..would there happen to be any led lights made in the USA?..my max budget for a light is 550.00

6. I just want to make sure that when I start I get good equipment..I'm having second thoughts on my 2x4x 60 inch tall. vivosun grow tent..should I rethink that as well?

7. If you want the best lighting you can get on that budget, I would ask Tbone shuffle - he's the lighting expert.

8. Good guess Buzzer - 418 watts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lots..
    BUT..I have a Nextlight Mini retail about 550 but can be had for about $475. It's only 150watts TRUE bright White, but boy..(Only covers 3x3 veg or 2x2 flower..) their next up is their Mega..650 watts but retail over $1500..
    The Nextlights have a 5 yr warranty..(NO BS) and use Samsung Diodes..Also look into the Quantum Boards. The come as kits or fully assembled ..Hard to come by as they are very popular..extremely efficient, VERY simple to build and pound for pound, the best values out there.
    growerslights.com or horticallightinggroup.com.
    Nextlight Mini 1st picture..
    2nd is the QB288 (135w) on left and meizhi 450 on the right.
    Light 5.jpg 12-24-17.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Homie that sounds dope!...thanks so much!..buddy of mine trying to talk me into advanced led growlights..I told him I would get my fellow blades here to give me the skinny on those lights and the company..Advanced Led..I don't know what this company is about, and since I don't know shit about them I was hoping someone here could give me the lowdown.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Never used Advanced but they use Cree Diodes (good stuff)..looks like quality..

13. [​IMG]With 2x4 tent you're better off getting 2 smaller lights than 1 big one. Most built lights are designed for a square footprint. If you can get the qb's do it. They are the best you can get for the price. 4 to 6 qb 120s or 2 or 3 qb288s would rock the tits off in a 2x4. I've got 5 qb120(~300w from wall) in my flower tent wich is 2x4. I plan on adding 1 more to this tent and am gonna do another tent with 2 qb288s to see how they compare. I run perpetual with another 2x4 tent and am loving it so far. You might even consider just getting a cheap veg light while the qb's become available. You can check out the link in my sig and learn from my mistakes. Good luck!

the quantum leap: indoor multi strain perpetual organic journal
    Indoor organic

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. You can run viparspectra. Lots of people do and they do okay with them. Not many people breaking 1g/watt with them. I hear good things about meizhi but I wouldn't necessarily put them way ahead of viparspectra in yield.

They're both older design single 3 or 5 watt diode panels. Since about 2015 the cutting edge of grow lights are white light cob based leds. Starting with Cree and others they have taken over the high end led market with yields as high as 1.9-2g/watt. They make the older slightly cheaper panels pretty obsolete IMO.

For a 2x4 I feel like this is the best led light you can run right now. This is what I'm running but I use two in a 4x4.
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit

It's a great deal at $325. Worth every dollar. It's only $50 more then the viparspectra and it will make that led look like a toy next to it.
    [​IMG]

I would order one while they're in stock they've been notorious for selling out. If you go to HLG's website they are sold out of every thing they sell. Every board, every heatsink, every light kit. There's a reason for that. They're pretty much the best led on the market for the price.

2nd pic is 26 days since flip.
    IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0854.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well I understand your the lighting guru..are these good for both veg and flower?..how are they when it comes to your light bill? Thank you

16. You can make a DIY 4 board qb120 setup like Chillydan was talking about for a cheaper. About $200 to outfit a 2x4 with 4 boards but unfortunately they've gotten hard to get since they're so popular.

The qb260's use the same leds but qb304 boards so much more dense with leds. Great for blooming.
    Here's my 4 x qb120's on the left veg side and my 2 x qb260's on the right.
    IMG_0784.JPG

17. #19 Tbone Shuffle, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    You can't get more efficient. These are based on the samsung lm561c s6 bin diode. It's capable of 177-200lumens per watt and 2.4-3.0umols. I'm not aware of a more efficient diode. They are 25% more efficient then top end cree cobs or citizen 1212's.

It takes about 515 watts of these to outperform a 1000 watt single end HPS in par.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 4k-5k is recommended for veg and 3k for flower but there is some overlap. I've seen good buds with 4k for bloom.

What the higher K ranges do is limit stretch in veg and help you get tight nodes. If you're going for short plants get a 4k and it will veg them a little shorter. 3k is what they recommend for start to finish. I veg with 4k and my bloom lights are one 3500k and one 3k.