New leaves growing 'bubbly', singular, twisted, and concave down

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by SadbutTrue, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ... if that all makes sense [​IMG] If not, see pictures (apologies for the cell phone pics, my good camera is down while I track down its charger).

Strain: Pre-98 Bubba
    Light schedule: 18/6
    Medium: Clones in 3" rockwool cubes, surrounded by hydroton, in 6" round mesh pots
    System: Hydroponic Ebb/flow, flooding twice a day for 13 minutes (more than previous grows w/ 6" rockwool cubes but the rockwool is small and dries out fast, so I assume it requires more water)
    Temp: Has been high 70s consistently on average. Has gotten into low 80s some.
    Humidity: 50-55%
    Hydro pH: 5.8 currently
    PPM: 1000 currently, using Sensigrow A/B, CalMag, Sensizyme and Superthrive

Some of my bubba's are exhibiting a strange leaf growth disorder and I'm wondering what caused it. None of the standard remedy charts I have seem to mention a similar condition, though the Calcium/Magnesium one did describe twisting leaves so I added some more CalMag.

Basically, a lot of the new leaves are growing out singularly or at most three, and appear disfigured - the often appear 'bubbly', with a different surface complexion. IN addition, they seem to form concave down... to be clearer, the outer rims of the leaves stay low while the leaf bridges up in its center, kinda looking like a suction cup. Finally, there is some rust brown on some leaves and some twisting, as I mentioned.

Any idea what this is? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks! \t\t\t\t\t\t

Attached Files:

2. looks pH related? what are you using to balance

3. :rolleyes: where the clones taken off flowering plants? if so don't worry about it they will be fine. If not I don't know what it is. I took clones off flowering plants and they did this before but the harvest turned out fine.

4. in fact they were. good eye.

5. :cool: the leaves on mine looked just like that for a long time and i had them outside and they didn't even look like the ganja but eventually like 2 months they started looking like ganja. actually here is a picture you can notice the "weird"leaves at the bottom of the plant but as you can tell nothing wrong here:smoke:

Attached Files:

6. I'd say first place to look is for a high ph